Part 12:

That night you were back in the common room, Parkinson walked over and sat right beside you.

"You've got to start leaving Draco alone. He's going to get sick of you," she said in her obnoxious tone.

"Excuse me?" You replied.

"I know he'd rather spend his time with me, but you just won't let the poor guy catch a break," she grinned at herself.

"He doesn't like you like that, Pansy. Get over it," you answered, unfazed at her pathetic attempts to get under your skin.

"How would you know?" She shot back.

"Cause he told me," you couldn't stop yourself from knocking her down a peg.

"You don't even know anything about the real Draco," she added.

That was it, you couldn't hold it in anymore. You giggled right in her face.

After she had stormed off in shame, you got back to your homework. You spent another half hour at it before it was time for a break.

"What's up?" You asked, approaching the others.

"Not much," Crabbe responded for the group.

"Why did pansy just come up to me?" You inquired, usually she didn't talk to you unless she knew something you didn't.

"What did she say?" Draco asked.

You cleared your throat getting ready to mimic her, "Why are you talking to my future husband. He's mine," you were exaggerating, but it was how it came across.

Draco's cheeks stayed perfectly pale but his ears reddened a little.

"Ouuuuu, Draco's got the girls fighting over him," Blaire chimed in.

"He wishes," you joked.

Draco quickly tried to change the subject, clearly uncomfortable, "I'm gonna try out for the Quidditch team tomorrow."

You nearly jumped with excitement, "Me too!" You practically yelled.

"I have to get in. We have to beat Potter and his stupid team."

You nodded your agreement.

————-

Later at supper, you sat next to Draco. He acted weird the whole time.

You mumbled to him when the other guys started talking about the quidditch tryouts.

"Are we okay?" You asked him.

"Yeah." He made a weird face as if to say why wouldn't we be?

You stared into his deep grey-blue eyes. They were beautiful, you had to admit. You knew there was something more by the worried look on his face. Like he really wanted to tell you something.

You made a plan. You wanted to know what was bothering him. Draco always snuck out at night, but you never knew why. So that night, you decided to hide in the common room, and follow him.

————-

You sat in a dark corner in the common room, reading one of professor Lockhart's books to pass the time. You kept glancing over at Draco.

It was almost midnight by the time everyone else had went to bed. He didn't even glance in your direction, clearly not noticing your presence.

As he left you tiptoed behind him, being extra cautious. In his hand he held a lantern, unknowingly lighting the way for both of you. You kept your distance making sure he wouldn't catch you. Every turn he made you waited a moment before following. After a while you realized where you were going. He was headed for the library.