Part 11:

The school felt just as magical as always. You were overwhelmed with relief to be back.

Everyone hung out in the Slytherin common room after the feast. Your house had gained thirteen new members. It felt good not to be the youngest.

You took a seat by the fire with the boys, everyone else was walking around preparing for bed or unpacking.

You couldn't stop thinking about the hug you and Draco had shared. For some reason, it made you feel warm inside. You couldn't help but grin at your own foolishness.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked, looking over to you from your side.

"Just how funny your hair is," You replied.

He rolled his eyes and gave you a playful nudge.

You didn't want to go to bed that night. You wished you could just stay up and keep talking to everyone.

————-

The next day you had transfiguration first thing in the morning. Both you and Draco made your way to your normal seats.

Rumour was spreading about Potter and Weasley, how they'd stolen a flying car, and drove it all the way here. Apparently they'd missed the train, and for some reason thought that this was a good solution.

You didn't even know if it was true, but you wouldn't be surprised. They were always up to something. Draco wouldn't even acknowledge it.

Professor McGonagall stood up front.

"Listen up students. I'm sorry to inform you that we have made a new seating chart. You will no longer be able to sit where you please," groans erupted from the group.

You silently hoped they wouldn't do this in every class. You didn't want to have to pair up with strangers.

Draco ended up sitting next to Weasley.  It wasn't hard to tell how much he hated it. Seeing Weasley's face probably helped a bit.

You got to sit with a girl named Rachel. She was also a Slytherin. One of the popular girls that spread rumours. You tried to ignore her.

Today you were learning how to transform goblets into plates. What a waste of time. You weren't the only one who thought so. People all around the room made pained faces. You took your goblet and said the spell. It didn't work on the first try like Rachel's. Or the second.

"Do you want help?" She had asked on the fourth try.

"No thanks I've got it." You replied.

By the seventh try, you were starting to get somehwere.