Chapter 18

"Are you ready babe, we're going to be late?" Niall called from the other room.

"Ya babe almost! I need to put a sweater on, I'm starting to show now." I screamed back. We were heading to the doctors for an appointment to check on the baby. I was getting used to the feeling of being a mom and having a family and if it was with Niall than it was even better.

"You're so beautiful." Niall walked into the doorway.

"Your just saying that, you know I look fat." I looked down. I really thought I was fat. Never in my life have I been this big.

"Never honeycomb, you're truly the most beautiful creature I've ever seen." I blushed at the nickname. He came over and put his hands on my tummy. He started sing the James Blunt song 'You're Beautiful' "you're beautiful, you're beautiful it's true."

"Why are you so good to me?" I asked enjoying the moment.

"Only because I want a baby and I guess your the one who's face I want my baby to look like." He laughed.

"Aww you love me, you can't say no." I said leaving the room to the kitchen to get my morning banana.

He followed and kissed my head, "guilty as charged."

"Ok let's go love ninja."  I smiled and grabbed his hand as we headed out the door.

As we got in a cab since we returned the rental car we headed to the doctor.

"Are you excited?" The blond asked me.

"Of course! So excited. Do you think we should find out the gender?" I asked. i haven't really thought of the gender yet.

"Ya I think we should, and we need pictures for the boys and Lou and lux. Lux will never forgive me if we don't give her one, her words not mine." He laughed.

"Oh well we don't want to get on her bad side do we? We'll just have to get ten. 1 for Lou, 1 for Lux, 4 for the boys, 1 for Laura, 1 for Sam, and 2 for us. Sound good?"

He thought a minute "No I we need 3 more 1 for mum and dad and 1 for Greg and Denise then 1 for Theo." I nodded as we pull up to the hospital, payed and got out. I signed in and waited in the waiting room. We both waited anxiously  in the room before the nurse came in and told us to go in the third room on the left and that the doctor will be there in a couple minutes. I nodded and sat down on the table while Niall sat in the chair.

"Ni I'm so nervous and excited." I whispered like someone would hear.

"Why are you nervous? I'm here for you and always will be." He whispered back.

"I know you are baby, just what if the baby has problems. Not like I wouldn't love it any less but the media is a bitch."

"If anything happens I will do anything and everything to protect you two." He smiled and rubbed my leg as the doctor knocked on the door then walked in the room.

"Hey how are you doing Abby? I'm Dr. Penny you can call me Penny if that's more comfortable for you. Same with you Mr. Horan either one . I will be here for you guys only for today right?" She told us.

"Thank you Penny that makes me feel less stressed and yes I'm moving to London permanently this week but I feel the baby kicking so I just want to make sure everything is ok ." I loosened up a bit.

"Well Abby I'm going to ask you to go and lay down on the bed and lift you shirt up to just above your belly so I can check on the little one." I did as she said and laid down on the bed and lifted my shirt up. When I did so Niall coughed awkwardly and I blushed.