The Quarterback's Gigolo [boyxboy] [15]

Start from the beginning

“Why are you being such a bitch?” I asked sitting down next to her.

“Why aren’t you with your new bestie Reed” she said sourly.

“Have you been talking to Liam?” I fired back.

“Have you told mum Alison's pregnant?” Gemma said almost evilly.

I looked down at my hands, a panic building up inside me again “I don’t know if she’s pregnant yet, I’m going to see her later on today” I murmured quietly.

Gemma shuffled closer to me and took up my hand. Hers were warm and soft, she looked up at me with her huge blue eyes, and they shined with anticipation and mischief. Her honey blond hair hung in neat curls past her shoulders, she didn’t have any makeup on, and my sister was still stunning. I felt bad looking at her innocent and childish face, knowing what I was doing with her boyfriend.

“So I totally punched Alison in her face!!” Gemma chuckled, grinning at me.

I rolled my eyes at her “Alison’s lucky she’s potentially pregnant I know you would have kicked her arse” I said smiling at her.

“Damn straight” Gemma said turning back to the TV. Jersey Shore was on, Gemma loved that programme.

Mum called us for breakfast about 20mins later; I walked into the kitchen sniffing the air suspiciously. I could smell pancakes, bacon, maple syrup, sausages and freshly squeezed orange juice. I saw it all lying out on the table and I raised my eyebrow at my mum. She just stood there beaming at us. I glanced at Gemma and she looked unfazed.

The three of us sat down together, it was quiet at first but mum broke it by asking how me and Gemma had been these last few days without her. I hadn’t missed her much but I lied just to make her happy. It was the least I could do, breakfast was great but the end of it meant I’d have to be over at Alison's house sooner.

“So Jack what are your plans for today?” my mum asked me before taking a sip of her black coffee, it was strong I could faintly smell it from where I was across the room washing my finished plate.

“Oh I’m just going over to my friends; they need my help for something”

She nodded “That’s nice of you, sometimes I feel like I leave you kids alone to often”

I threw the towel I was drying my plate with on the surface and turned to stare at her “So why don’t you stick around mum?”

“I- I- I, well you guys are old enough now, and I have so many obligations to do-”

“OBLIGATIONS!” I fumed “What obligations? We are your children, what could be more important than us? Swanking off for four days to go see your friend? What is more important than what you already have?”

“Happiness! Okay I’ve had you, you’re old enough to be by yourself, I want to go and live my life, and I don’t want to be a mother or a housewife forever. I want happiness”