When I was finally done laughing, Lucas spoke, “Are you making fun of me?”

“No,” I said fake gasping “I would never do such a horrible thing!”

He frowned and crossed his arms above his chest.

“Aw come on Luca don’t be mad,” I cooed “Do you want me to apologize?”

“Not enough,” he said “I want a hug too and maybe a kiss?” he grinned mischievously and I rolled my eyes.

“You can ask that from one of the other girls at school. I’m sure they’d love to kiss you.”

“Is that jealousy I hear, Anna?” he gasped.

“Yeah right!” I snorted.

“Whatever. So am I getting a hug or what?” he asked knowing that I wasn’t jealous.

I sighed before running into his arms, wrapping my arms around his torso.

When I pulled away, he took my hand in his.

His mouth formed an ‘O’ and he held my right hand in both of his as if it were the most fragile thing on earth. He stared at it in awe.

“Y-you’re hand! Its s-so small!” he said bewildered.

I rolled my eyes, snatching my hand away.

“Why is it so small?” he asked.

“I dunno,” I shrugged looking at my own hand. It was smaller than any other person’s hand and my fingers were small and chubby. (A/N: my hands are like that so that’s why I wrote this part. Lol)

“They are so cute!” he cooed eyeing my hands.

I chuckled at him and went back to my room. A few minutes later, I was fast asleep.

**

“You’re coming over after school?” I asked Ash as we walked together to history class.

“Yeah I guess so,” she shrugged “And you can help me with my biology homework. I can never get this stuff right.”

Biology was Ash’s weak point.

“Yeah sure,” I smiled.

The whole day passed in a blur. It was uneventful. Fighting with Mr. M, sleeping in class, eating too much… The usual. And now the final bell rang, Ashley and I were walking back home. Lucas was still at school because he has basketball practice.

“Do you want a cupcake?” I asked Ashley once we got to the kitchen.

“Sure,” she answered and I threw her a cupcake which she caught. I took one too and sat on the barstool next to her.

When we were done eating, she took out her biology book and copybook.

“Now, let’s get to work,” she said with a determined look on her face; a look that will disappear soon when she realizes that she’ll never understand biology.

“This is helpless! I’m can’t understand a thing!” she whined.

“We did not start yet Ash,” I looked at her incredulously.

She sighed, “I’m sorry Ade but I don’t think I can ever understand this.”

“Understand what?” I heard Brian’s voice. Ashley and I turned around simultaneously to see Brian coming in the kitchen where we were.

“Um biology,” Ashley mumbled, blushing.

“Biology eh? Show me,” he said coming to where we were.