I crutched inside and went to the decoration section. As I was looking, I heard a voice. "Emily?"

I glanced up and saw a girl that looked familiar. She was dressed casually in jeans and a green oversized sweater, her hair in a side braid. "Cassidy?"

She laughed and hugged me. "Yeah! How are you, I haven't seen you in so long!"

I hugged her back. "I'm good! How are you?"

"I'm good, thanks," she smiled. "I actually moved back to Miami recently."

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, everything is fine," she said quickly. "I just missed home, that's all. I'm still in my band, though, we're just not doing work right now."

"Oh," I nodded, understanding now. "Well, it's good to see you again."

"You, too. Shopping for Halloween?"

"Yeah, I'm picking up some decorations for my friend. I'm helping her decorate her house today."

"Cool! I love Halloween," Cassidy smiled. "What did you do to your ankle?"

"Um, I tripped over my daughter's toy."

Cassidy hesitated. "Yeah, I heard you and Austin had a baby."

"We had a little girl 2 years ago in April. It wasn't planned," I admitted.

"How is she?"

"She's really good," I smiled. "It's been hard, but I'm glad we kept her. She's our whole world."

Cassidy grinned. "You seem happy, Emily. I'm glad for you guys."

"Thanks, Cassidy," I said as I hugged her. "I really have to go though, I'm already running late, but it was nice talking to you!"

"You too! Maybe we can hang out sometime?"

"Sure," I smiled. I gave her my number. "Call me. You can even meet Lucy."

"That's a pretty name," Cassidy said. "Sounds good, I'll definitely do that."

"See you around," I smiled as I grabbed the streamers and crutched to the register.

After I paid and got back to my vehicle, I went as fast as I could to Quinn's. I was really surprised to see Cassidy. The last time I saw her was when Austin and I had went to Melody's Diner last year, a couple weeks before I got pregnant with Lucy. It was nice to see her though, I had always liked her. She was a sweet girl.

When I finally got to Quinn's, I pulled into her driveway and got out, grabbing my crutches and the streamers, and heading up to the front door. She opened it before I had a chance to ring the doorbell or knock.

"Hey! Long time no see," she laughed as she hugged me. It was true, I hadn't seen her in a while, but she was a gorgeous as ever. Her long bleached hair was pulled back into a ponytail and she was wearing jean shorts with a blue tank top, her favourite biker boots on her feet. "How's the ankle?"

"It's getting better

"It's getting better. I've got a week left with the cast and then I have to wear a walking boot for a couple weeks," I told her as we made our way into the main part of the house.

"Damn, that sucks," Quinn said. "Want something to drink before we get started?"

"Water is fine," I told her. "Where's Sher?"

"Jace and Leah took her out for the day," she replied, handing me a glass. "It's easier to decorate without her running around."

"True," I said then grinned. "So, how are things with Jesse?"

Quinn choked on her water. "W-what?"

"You heard me. What's going on with you two?"

She blushed. "Nothing, really. We haven't hung out that much since I met him."

"But you like him."

"I never said-"

"Oh, come on, Quinn, I can see it in your eyes. You totally like him."

She struggled to think of something to say before she sighed. "Okay, fine, yes, I do like Jesse. But I don't think he would ever go for me."

"What? Why not? You're a total knockout!"

She gave me a pointed look. "Well, thanks, but I also have a two year old daughter, and most guys don't go for girls of the punk look either." She gestured to her pierced nose where a ring went through one side, and then her ears, where piercings went all the way up on both, and a bar went through the top of one ear.

"Quinn, just because you have lots of piercings and a daughter doesn't mean he won't date you."

"I'm not done." She lifted up her shirt to reveal a belly button ring, and then turned around and lifted up her ponytail, where a tattoo of a flower rested on the back of her neck.

"I didn't know you had a tattoo," I said.

"I got it last year."

"Well, look on the bright side. At least it's not a picture of something creepy, like a snake eating someone's head."

She looked at me and laughed. "Oh, Emily, you never fail to amuse me."

"I try," I teased. "But seriously, Jesse likes you."

"Really?" She perked up.

I nodded. "Really."

"Hmm. Well, maybe things will go somewhere then," Quinn smiled. "But enough about me. Let's get decorating!"

After twenty minutes of hanging up streamers, I grabbed a paper ghost. "Where do you want this?"

She inspected it. "I think it would look good on the wall over there. That's where I'll have the punch and everything."

"Sounds like this is going to be quite the party," I commented as I grabbed the tape.

"It's like a thing we have every year," She explained. "Some of my friends come over, and my family, aunts, uncles, some of Jace's friends, Leah's friends, and then you guys. Your parents and Austin's parents are more than welcome to come as well, Taylor and Alex, too."

I nodded. "Thanks. I'll definitely ask them."

After we finished decorating most of the house, we sat down to rest. "That took forever," Quinn said.

"You should have came to help decorate our house," I laughed. "It took us four hours to do the inside and outside."

"Your house is humongous, though," Quinn pointed out.

"Valid point, but that's not always a good things. I almost lost Lucy in it once."

Quinn started laughing. "What?"

"I did!" I laughed. "But I found her, so it's all good."

"Oh my god, Emily, I never would have thought you would lose Lucy You're you!"

"I know, I would have thought it would be Austin to do it first."

"No kidding!" Quinn exclaimed before we both burst into a fit of giggles. It was fun hanging out with Quinn again, since I hadn't done it in so long. This Halloween party was going to be awesome!