Chapter 15

Chauncey's P.O.V- I didn't want to wake up; I didn't want the dream to end. I sighed deeply from pleasure, remembering my dream. I tried to turn over but found I couldn't, then I felt something warm pressed against me. My eyes flew open, and that's when I saw her. Julia had a peaceful smile on her face, her head rested on my chest, her hands holding onto me. Fuck, that wasn't a dream. I don't know if I should be relieved or worried that it was real, but either way, I don't regret it. I laid there watching her, basking in her warmth. She feels amazing, smiling I stroked her hair, twirling strands around my finger. I looked at the extravagant clock in her room as it let out a soft chime, seven o'clock.

Julia stirred softly in my arms, twisting around, trying to stretch. Her eyes fluttered open, foggy from sleep, and they landed on me. I took another lock of her hair and twirled it loosely. "Morning" I whispered to her. She snuggled into me, smiling. "Good morning, your Grace," she said in a dreamy voice. Mm, I love when she calls me that. Jesus, this woman is such a tease without even trying. Even though I was here, in bed with her, I still needed to ask, "It wasn't a dream?" She giggled and propped herself up onto my chest, "No" and then she kissed me. My hands clung to her hair, and I buried them in her silky locks, tugging gently. When she stopped, I gazed into her eyes, they were bright now, sparkling with joy. "Time to get up," she said, pecking at my lips before sitting up to stretch.

"At seven a.m.?" I asked, sitting up to watch her. She looked so peaceful right now; bright smile, the satisfied sighs, the way her body moved and arched while she stretched out. No, don't go down that road, Chauncey. We just got... I realized I'm not entirely sure what last night makes us. "What happens now, Princess?" asked her softly. She looked back at me with reassurance, then crawled over to me and sat in my lap. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer. She rested her hands on my face, pulled me close until our noses touched then whispered, "Together. If that's what you want." I looked at her, a little hurt. "Kitten, last night wouldn't have happened if I didn't want to be with you."

She frowned, seeming upset with herself. I tipped her chin up and gently kissed her. I did some deep breathing, trying to prepare myself for what I wanted, needed, to say. "Kitten I... I don't know how to be in a relationship, but..." I paused to stroke the side of her face. She gave me an encouraging smile, and I continued, "I want to be good for you. I want to learn to do whatever it'll take to keep you because I've grown to care for you so much it hurts." I hope my words didn't sound stupid. I've grown to love her, but I don't think I deserve to say that to her. Julia kissed my forehead, then placed hers on it. "I'll teach you. And honestly, you just have to keep being the way you've been with me," she paused to smirk at me, "Just way more affectionate now." I laughed. "Now that I know how to do," I told her, then I stood, lifting her into my arms. She squealed, and I kissed her deeply.

There was a knock on the door and we both looked at it, our faces resembled deer caught in headlights. "Your Highness! Are you awake?" a powerful woman's voice called to Julia. "Mimi!" Julia said in a high-pitched whisper. "Who?" I asked her. "She's my Mistress of the Household. And a tough one, too." For how worried Julia sounded, she didn't make any attempt to leave my arms. I smirked and nuzzled her throat. "You sound like we've been caught doing something we shouldn't" I teased, growling playfully before placing a couple of kisses on her neck. She squirmed but giggled softly. Another knock, this time was louder than the first. "Princess, your butt better be out of bed! I'm not afraid to drag you out of it!" the woman, Mimi, said in a commanding, stern voice. My eyes widened. "Jesus, she talks to you like that?" Julia giggled as I put her down. "She's the only one."

I watched her run a comb through her hair while she told Mimi she was awake, just preoccupied. The door opened, but I paid no attention, just smiled as I watched Julia. "Your Grace?!" Mimi exclaimed. I looked at her out of the corner of my eyes. Oh, my god, this is hilarious. The woman looked like she was either going to scream or beat me. The other maids behind her were giggling behind their hands. Mimi looked me up and down, unable to speak. "It's alright, Mimi," Julia said, coming over to my side and taking my hand. The woman looked at our hands and understanding took over her shock. "I see. Well, take good care of our Princess, child. I ain't afraid to beat your ass otherwise!" Julia's other hand went to her face while I laughed. I saluted the woman, "Understood" I told her.