Chapter 8

Narrator: The rest of the day was normal, random. After returning, Julia spent time with her Nephilim group of friends. They recorded music, amused themselves with movies and books, and planned what they were all going to do during Cheshvan while they were apart. "How come you all don't stay together?" Chauncey asked them. "Our families want to know we're safe, so it's easier to just go home," Domino told him. Domino and Lucius, being half-demon, were the safest, living in Hell. Charisse used to live in the ocean, but she broke contact with her mother, so she she'll be spending Cheshvan on islands, ones away from her old home.

December lived in Russia, where no Fallen lived or went. Shai was from Japan, but never went home, so she'll be hiding out in Julia's Empress palace. Set, being half Basilisk, a gigantic snake, would just spend two weeks in his animal form wherever he pleased. Fauna, who was part-fairy, lived in meadows or forests in the magic realm, away from humans and the Fallen. Sky and Violet, half-vampire twins, lived in Transylvania, but sometimes visited Paris, so they were safe either way. Dante and Marcello would be returning to their respective countries; Italy and Spain. Being Mafia boys, they'd be safe regardless. Xander and Paxton were going home to their wolf packs, and being Alpha's, they didn't need to worry about their safety.

"Why stay away the entire time though? If Fallen can't posses any of you, then you're always safe, right?" Chauncey inquired. Julia had explained that, being hybrids, and therefore hardly human, fealty and possession was impossible for Fallen. Shai shrugged. "Just because Fallen can't enslave us, doesn't mean they won't try to hurt us. So, it'll just be easier to stay away and stay separate." The group of friends looked annoyed or sad, not wanting to leave each other. 

"You're going to have so much fun here! Aside from this place being incredible, the country is just divine!" Fauna told him, breaking the silence. "I had always wanted to see Barcelona, never imagined it would be in another world though," Chauncey said to Julia. She giggled and placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry, this realm is a mirror image of Earth, just fewer humans. My Barcelona is identical to the one on Earth, so you'll get the full experience." Her eyes glittered when she spoke of her kingdom. "Two weeks with her, all to yourself. I'm so jealous! You're a lucky man, Chauncey!" Julia rolled her eyes at Dante's teasing while the others laughed. "I consider it an honor, your Highness," he said to Julia, bowing his head when using her title. She giggled and punched his arm. "You're going to teach me how to make authentic Hispanic dishes, right? Because your cooking is phenomenal!" Julia giggled proudly and assured him she would.

Later, out of curiosity, the hybrid group of friends, along with Chauncey, sat down and watched a Biblical Documentary about the Book of Enoch and the story of the Nephilim. None of them could take it seriously, especially when the narrator said the Nephil were cannibals. They all roared with laughter, even the group of Nephil that stood with Nora. They made jokes and kept pausing the documentary to laugh some more. Julia and her friends were rolling around in laughter, even Chauncey found the whole thing hilarious. Across the room, the group of Fallen, including Patch, were scoffing amongst each other, and Patch shook his head. He watched Chauncey and Julia fall over each other, unable to stop their laughter. But he, begrudgingly so, had to give them some credit; they all proudly accepted that they were freaks and could even make jokes about Heavenly matters. It took guts.

During dinner, Julia was talking to Chauncey about how she needed to go to Paris for a day, then she was going to take the Etihad Airways A380 flight from there to Abu Dhabi. And since she wanted Chauncey to experience more of the world, she asked if he'd like to go with her. Chauncey mentioned he had never been to Paris, and Julia freaked. Dramatically, she started yelling at him that he was French and lived in and currently lives in France. He laughed at her teasing, but he was excited. Because Patch kept him on a short leash, he could never go anywhere, and the Middle East was one of his dream trips. Now he had a second chance at life, courtesy of Julia's family, and he could finally do all the things he wanted to do; to live his life the way he should have before Patch took it away.