Chapter 9

Chapter 9: There was something wrong with the pills he gave me.

Autumn's P.O.V

I open my eyes and blink twice. My head pounds with pain and I feel like I am going to puke my guts out.

What happened last night?

As I feel my stomach churn, I hop out of the bed and rush to the bathroom. Instead of an open bathroom door, my head hits the wall and I wince.

Where did the bathroom door go?

My confusion increases as I hear laughter. Rubbing my head I turn around and find Tristan leaning on the bathroom door, shirtless.

I frown.

Okay wait.

Firstly, I remember my room quite well; the bathroom door is facing my bed which is on the right side, so my bathroom should be-

This is not my room!

I turn my face to Tristan, that movement is so fast that I almost whipped my neck.

Before I can say anything, I feel my stomach twist so I rush to the bathroom, pushing Tristan aside and puke. Tristan pats and rubs my back as I upturn all I consumed yesterday, holding my hair back.

When I am sure that my digestive tract is empty, I wash my face.

"What am I doing here? Where is my room? Why are you shirtless? Did we do anything yester night? Please tell me 'no we didn't.' please Tristan, where the hell is my brother?" I pour all my questions on him but he simply shrugs.

"What did Matt give you yesterday, Amore?"

A headache shoots through making me cringe.

I simply whine and shrink down in the corner of the room.

"My head hurts."

"Not an answer to my question." He persists.

I lean against the wall and sink down on the floor in response.

Why is everything hurting so much?

"Here, this will help." Tristan hands me two pills and a glass of water.

"Are you sure that's not poison?" I frown and scrutinise the pills.

"Autumn, if I were planning on killing you, I would've done that when you were unconscious." He replies.

Wait, what is wrong with him? What is wrong with me?

"Earth to Autumn?" Tristan waves a hand in front of my face.

"Huh?"

He motions to the pills in front of me and frowns.

Gulping down the pills and quenching my thirst, I get up from my position.

My actions were so fast that I feel dizzy and lose my balance.

Thankfully Tristan holds me by my waist, and pulls me to his chest steadying me.

His face is so close to mine. How would it feel to kiss him right now? But what if I have morning breath? He would mind, he would definitely mind.

Okay now I sound a creep.

There was something wrong with the pills he gave me.

He raises his eyebrows suggestively, waiting for me to answer his long forgotten question.

"Your brother is going to kill you, you know." Tristan finally breaks the silence and I blink at his words.

Realisation hits me and I gasp, frowning at myself.

"Before you leave, what did Matt give you Autumn Grey?" Tristan asks again.

"I don't know! It was a clear liquid in a small glass- burned my throat when I drank it." I blabber, whimpering as I realize my mistake. Tristan shakes me, his grip strong on my forearm.

"Its okay, Amore. Stay calm, baby; look at me." I look at him, trying to control my breathing and an upcoming panic attack.

"Whatever happens, do not drink anything he-or anyone- gives you. Especially if you don't know what the contents are." I nod at him, my eyes watering.

"I'm sorry." I squeak and he nods, his hands falling off my arms as he takes two steps behind.

I sigh and rub my eyes, my head still dizzy.

"Tell Holden about this. Please." He speaks after a few minutes, his hands stuffed in his pockets.

I nod.

I walk up to him and pull him in a hug.

"Thank you." I grip tighter and swallow a lump rising in my throat.

"Its okay, Amore. It's all okay." He rubs my back, slowly.

Peeking inside my home, I see Holden lying on the couch sleeping peacefully.

I run to my room and brush my teeth. Taking a quick shower and changing into decent clothes, I run down to make breakfast, only if I manage not to burn the house down.

Before walking into the kitchen, I turn towards Matt's room.

What did he give me yesterday?

The door is open and I peek inside- bed made, curtains open, window closed- like he was never in his room. I enter the room and look around, trying to find some clue.

There's not a lot of stuff- only a small suitcase in the corner of the room. I turn towards the bathroom.

I open the door slowly and find the mirror fogged.

He didn't leave too long ago.

"What are you doing here?" I jump and turn.

Matt stands there, his hair wet and eyes bright- something that has begun to creep me out.

"I uh," think Autumn "-Wanted to ask if you wanted breakfast?" I clench my teeth to control my shivering body.

"Uh, no thanks. I have to be somewhere, I will eat on my way there." He narrows his eyes on me and I flinch at his gaze.

"Why the hell does my head hurt so bad?" Holden's voice breaks through the silence and I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"I'll go and get him some medicine." I whisper and practically run out of the room, leaving Matt behind.

Thank God.

Opening the medicine cabinet, I take out the transparent bottle with an orange cap and fill the glass with water.

"Have this." I give him the pills and water.

Without questioning, he swallows it all and sighs.

"Where did you go last night?" Holden looks at me and then focuses his attention to something behind me. "And where the hell did you run away to yesterday, man?" he asks Matt.

Holden raises his eyebrows at me again, not waiting for Matt to answer.

"I...uh...well." What do I say?

"She was with me."

Holden and I turn to face the source of the voice.

Tristan stands at the door, his eyes warm, face sober- holding a box of cookies in his hands, a small smile on his lips.

---