Chapter 5

Chapter 5:The game of utter humiliation or courageous stupidity- Truth or Dare.

Autumn's P.O.V

I look down at my t-shirt and sigh.

Maybe I should have worn dress instead?

Tristan and I stand outside Adaline's house waiting for someone to show up at the door. I am wearing a denim jacket with cotton white t-shirt and blue jeans and Tristan is wearing a navy blue sweater and black jeans, looking handsome, to say the least.

Adaline's house is huge, with a garden out front and a tree house. They will also be adding a small pool next summer.

"Dude, this is huge." I marvel even though I've been here many times.

"Hm. That's what she said." Tristan chuckles and I crack a smile, blushing.

I never knew he had this side to him.

The door creaks open and Tucker peeks, his eyes brightening.

"You're here!" he grins and pulls me in a hug, then pats Tristan on the back in a 'this-is-how-boys-meet' style.

Tucker has been Adaline and my friend since grade 7. His blue eyes always twinkling behind his glasses, brown hair in a mess.

He's wearing khaki pants and a dark brown sweater, sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

We enter Adaline's house and find Marlene and Carter already on the couch, Adaline humming in the kitchen and Gus fiddling with the cookies.

The interior of Adaline's home is completely opposite from the exterior- warm and cosy, wooden designing throughout, a fire place in the middle of one wall, the adjacent one opening into the side of the garden. The living room table sits in the middle with a small flower vase. The kitchen in the extreme right of the space, a flight of stairs separating it from the living area. There is no dining table, only a counter near the kitchen with stools on one side. The whole flooring is covered with a dark maroon carpet, warm and comfortable.

"Hey guys, Autumn and Tristan is here!" tucker shouts and all eyes turn to us.

"Tristan, this is Marlene," he gestures to a girl wearing a summer dress with a sweater, red hair tied up in a pony, green eyes shining "-and Carter." The boy with black hair, similar to Tristan's, and blue eyes smiles at him and winks at me.

I smile at Carter and walk into the kitchen, finding Gus popping a grape in his mouth and Adaline wiping her hands on a kitchen cloth.

"You brought him!" she grins and I laugh.

"What have you planned for today?" I raise my eyebrows and she smiles.

"Grab these cans for me will ya?" she exits the kitchen without answering my question.

Stop overthinking this.

We all gather around the living room table, Marlene next to Carter; followed by Tucker on Carter's left, then Adaline and Tristan on the floor. Gus grins as he reaches the crowd and plops on the couch, next to Tucker.

I narrow my eyes at the sitting and sigh.

"Where exactly do I go, now?" I raise my eyebrow and Adaline smiles sheepishly.

"You could sit on my lap, Autumn Grey." I turn to look at Tristan, his face smug.

What is it with him today?

"In your dreams Hayden." I wink and he laughs.

Warm and mellow.

Maybe its because of what he said, or the fact that everyone is looking at the both of us, their brains brimming with ideas or the effect of his laugh on me, but something makes my stomach flip and cheeks flush.