Insane Doesn't Even Begin to Cover It... Chapter 23

Hey guys! this chapter is going to be pretty short and kind of blah. Tell me if you like it though. Thank you for fanning/liking my story(:.

***

The next day, around lunch time, I’m sitting at the top of the stairs, with my back against the wall when Caden walks up and sits across from me. I don’t look at him, in fact making sure to keep my eyes off of him. It’s not that I hate him, I’m just not comfortable around him now.

“Senna…” He starts and I still don’t look at him, looking at my hands in my lap. “Senna I’m sorry. Griffin threatened to send me away if I didn’t take my meds… I haven’t taken any more… I felt like I needed to come and explain to you why I took them. They didn’t even help any, they just numbed me out. It was as if I was just floating through all my actions, going along with everything that was said to me.” He stops and I glance at him, he sounds sincere.

“I honestly hated it. And I’d like to be friends with you again, if that’s alright. But you see… I also had a drug problem before I came here. Pill addiction, things like that. And these meds… might put me back into that addiction and I don’t want you to think bad of me. I saw your eyes the other day, and I felt so bad. But it was as if I wasn’t in my body, I couldn’t fix it.”

“You were my first friend when I was here, if you even counted us as friends. I count you as a friend and I don’t want to lose that because I don’t want to be alone here, against all of these doctors. So please, can we still be friends?” He asks, frowning.

I stare at him for a few moments, sigh, and nod. His face immediately lightens up and he moves towards me as if to hug me. Automatically flinching back, I curl up slightly and clench my eyes closed.

“Oh… yeah sorry.” He says, and I open my eyes a little to look at him. He’s blushing slightly, looking awkward. “Well, time for lunch?” He says standing up and looking down at me. I look up at him and then get up myself.

We walk next to each other, down the stairs to the very first floor and then to the cafeteria. Just like before, we walk in together and get our ‘food’, then sit at our table.

He starts talking about random things, like what’s happening with him, things like that. I listen to him, actually paying attention. At some moments he pauses, almost as if he’s expecting me to respond. And when I don’t, he just continues, maybe sounding a little disappointed.

Sometimes I hate the fact that I can’t talk… I hate that feeling of guilt I get when people expect me to talk back, to actually have a conversation with them.

It makes me hate what happened to me.