Insane Doesn't Even Begin to Cover It... Chapter 26

Enjoy!! I'm going to probably be updating at least 2-3 times a week. (: I know it took me a while to update this one again, but I was so busy over the weekend. Homecoming and such. (:

Please give me constructive criticism?

&Thank you to all that have messaged me about this and fanned me(: I appreciate it.

---

The next day, I go looking for Caden as soon as I wake up again. However, this morning he’s not on my stairs. I can’t seem to find him anywhere, actually. It’s Sunday, which means my sessions with Becca will start again tomorrow. That also means that I only have today to spend a long time with Caden.

All of the patients tend to get a break from sessions, unless their doctors are really strict and stay there 24/7. I feel sorry for those patients.

Speaking of those types of patients, I’m pretty sure Griffin is one of those doctors. Following my idea, I go to the floor with Griffin’s office, and walk up close to the door. I’m surprised when I hear yelling. They must be pretty loud, because the walls are thick and I’m standing about 3 feet away.

Frowning, I get closer and put my ear up to the door, right as something smashes against it from the other side. The sound of something shattering follows the loud bang, and the yelling gets louder.

I can’t hear their exact words but I do recognize the voices. Caden and Griffin. A few of the words I can hear are ‘That bitch’, ‘meds’, ‘the way you were’ and a few other things that I don’t even understand.

The yelling goes on for a little bit longer, but finally stops. The doors handle starts to turn and I almost shriek, turning and running down the hallway, up onto the stairs that go to my floor. I pretend to be walking down them, fixing my hair and calming my breath.

Just as I’m rounding a corner, I almost bump into Caden, getting about an inch away from literally bumping into him. I stumble back and trip over the stair behind me, falling on my ass.

I let out a sigh and Caden starts apologizing, and his hand reaches out to help me up. I give him an ‘are you retarded?’ look, and help myself up.

“I’m sorry Senna! I didn’t see you there! Are you okay?” He asks, and I nod, wiping my pants off. “Can we go back up to your room?” He asks, starting to sound a little… upset?

I nod again and lead him up to my room, and onto my cot. He sits right next to me, and we lean against the wall. Everything is quiet for a while, and then he starts talking.

At first I don’t realize what he’s talking about, then it makes sense. He’s telling me about what happened in Griffin’s office.

“Y’know, I hate him sometimes. I know, I know, I should hate him all the time. But I kind of can’t hate him when he’s supplying me with medicine that basically knocks out my emotions. I told him I wasn’t going to be taking those meds anymore. We got into a major argument.” He pauses, and I glance at him.

He’s staring up at that small window at the top of the wall, looking at the white clouds outside. It’s not very pretty looking outside, it’s actually kind of gross.

“He told me that I was going to take those pills whether I wanted to or not. And he said that if I didn’t, he would up the dosage. And if I still didn’t take more, he’d force feed me. He said it was for my own good… but it didn’t seem like that to me. In fact, he said something about needing this ‘success’ to get a new job. I’m guessing he meant the success of him fixing me.

“Although… I don’t see how he’s fixing me. I guess he thinks if he drugs me enough and makes it seem like I’m fine… that everyone will believe him and give him a promotion to a different hospital or something. I got angry and told him that he wasn’t doing shit to me… and he tried to throw something at me. A lamp, actually. I dodged it and it smashed against the door.” He stops yet again, and I feel him move. My eyes go to him again, but he’s just staring down at his hands. I notice that he did get a new jacket, and I don’t feel as bad for keeping his old one.

“I mean, he was pissed. But he let me go, actually forced me out. And… now I’m here. But Senna… Senna those meds… they’re doing something to me. I’ve been getting angry more often, like… black out angry. And I’ve been having these insane dreams. I don’t know what’s wrong.”

He stops and I know he’s finished. We sit there in silence and then I take out my notebook and pen.

‘You are going to be fine.’ I write and show him.

He smiles a little, just a little lifting of the side of his lip. I smile back and we sit there in silence until lunch time. We go downstairs and eat, and he talks to me quietly about anything that comes to mind. Then he walks me back to my room and we talk more there, and then we go to dinner. Again, we talk. And we talk. And we talk.

And that night… we talk more.

When he leaves, I miss him almost instantly.

Him just sitting here talking to me… it… made me feel normal. It made me feel like I was wanted.

It made me feel like I wasn’t a freak.