Chapter 29

The reflection of myself in the mirror had me stopping. The leather shirt was zipped up over my throat with the sun blocking sleeves set firmly in place, the black denim of my pants fit snugly in the laces of my new boots. I braided my contrasting platinum blonde hair down my back to make sure the back of my neck would be covered. All in all, I was loving Don.

I look badass, I thought as I posed in the mirror. Just as finish annihilating the imaginary cat walk with my fiercest "smize", a knock comes from my door. I grunt at the interruption but move to open the door anyways.

Tyra Banks never gets interrupted like this...

"Who is it?" I half yelled through the door.

"Salcantice, my dear. I've been sent to retrieve you," was the reply from the door. Goosebumps covered the back of my neck at the thought of him. And not the good goosebumps. Something about this man sent all sorts of red flags up in my mind. He seemed so innocent and flirtatious when I first met him, but after spending more time around him, I've come to find his presence rather uncomfortable.

"I'll be out in a second. Just grabbing my sunglasses." I snatched the glasses off my bed and couldn't help but think how much they looked like my pair of Ray Bans from back home. They had the same green lenses and rounded shape.

Don is racking up some serious points for Gryffindor.

I pulled open the door while moving the sunglasses to the top of my head. "What's the gist, physicist?" I asked moving past Salcantice and down the hall towards the garden entrance. I could hear him speed up his pace to match mine. "What does that mean?" I looked over to see a confused expression.

"It's just a saying from Earth. All I asked was 'How are you?' in a more fun way," I explained.

"Then why not just say that?"

"Because I'm a woman and difficult." He didn't seem to argue that point.

We walked in basic silence until we reached the garden entrance. I was ready to open the door when Salcantice laid a hand on mine, stopping me.

"What are you doing?" I asked a little peeved.

"Everyone must apply this," he said holding up a small silver tube, "before going outside." With a press of the button on the end, a small disk protruded from the opposite end. He took it into his hands and handed me the silver tube to hold for him. He sandwiched the disk between his palms and rubbed his hands back and forth until I could start to see a slightly opaque substance forming.

"This is what you on Earth would call 'sunscreen'. It's for the rest of your face that is still exposed to the sun." Help stepped closer to me and raise his hands, showing me the lotion looking stuff. I guess that makes sense. Slowly, he reached those same hands towards my face and I stiffened. Seeing my change in posture, he said, "I need to apply it to be sure every inch of skin is covered." I gave him a short nod and closed my eyes.

His hands were warm against my seemingly always cold face. They massaged the lotion into my skin all the while remaining gentle with my face. It didn't matter though. Those same goosebumps were back ten fold. Having actual skin contact with this man drove me crazy in the most negative way possible.

He must have seen the goosebumps because next I heard a small laugh. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're enjoying this." God, I can hear his smirk!

"Or I'm so utterly disgusted with you as a living being that my body is rejecting your touch." I opened to my eyes to see his reaction - a larger smile. "You're funny." Was all I got in reply.