Chapter 15 - Avoiding Goodbyes

Start from the beginning

     "Oh my God! Ray!" I shreiked, trying to push him off. "You smell disgusting! Ew! Please stop!"

     He laughed and hugged me tighter. Though it was disgusting, I couldn't help but burst out in laughter, eventually too.

     Hannah was just smiling and giggling at us. I pushed Ray off, grinning. "Finally I can breath clean air!"

     "Well, as for the plan, Noah's pissed," he smirked. "He's playing really well. He only does that when he's angry."

     "And he won't hurt you?"

     "Nah," he shrugged. "I can take him if anything bad happens, anyway."

     "Guys, do something. He's coming!" Hannah warned.

     Ray hugged me again and kissed my forehead. I shuttered thinking about all the sweat and dirt that was touching me. I couldn't wait to get a pimple tomorrow!

     "Hey, Keaton," I heard Noah say. I turned and faced him. "I didn't know you were familiar with, uh, Ray."

     "Is that a problem?" I heard Ray snap behind me.

     "Ray, shut—" I tried to say, but was cut off.

     "I didn't say it was," Noah scowled and stepped closer to Ray. "Unless you want it to be."

     Ray stepped foward so he was closer to Noah. They were about equal in height, around six feet, and equal in muscle mass, too. I really wasn't sure who would win if they were to get into a fight. He gave him a nice, hard push. "You know I could take you any day."

     "Guys—" I began, but I got cut off again.

     "But I would win," Noah sneered, pushing Ray. Ray didn't move back a step.

     "I'm stronger," Ray spat.

     "I wouldn't believe that for a second."

     Ray clenched his jaw. I saw his fists ball up and his arm raise up like it was about to slingshot into Noah's face.

     "Don't!" I yelled, but I was too late. His fist collided with Noah's cheek. Noah grabbed his face and kneeled on the ground.

     "What the hell is wrong with you?!" I shreiked, bending down to Noah.

     "Keaton, I'm sorry I—"

     "Go get some ice for his cheek, you idiot," I snapped.

     He opened his mouth to say something, but didn't and I was thankful. He just listened and jogged over to where everyone is standing.

     "Noah?" I said, calmly. "Are you okay?"

     "Ugh," Noah moaned, with his eyes closed shut in pain.

     "Noah," I repeated.

     "I'm alright. Just in a bit of pain," he smiled weakly, and looked up at me. "So, you're dating him?"

     "It's complicated," I admitted, not wanting to tell him that it was a joke. "We won't last very long. I can already tell."

     Ray came back with a bag of ice. I snatched it from his hand and handed it to Noah, who winced when he put it on his cheek.

     "Sorry, Johnson," Ray said, offering a hand to Noah. Noah got up without his help, and walked past Ray without saying anything.

     "You really need some anger management classes or something," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.