Chapter 2 Part 5~Bonding~Ayato

Rumi's POV
'Where am I?' I woke up groggily and I saw that I'm in a dark room. I'm just lying on the stone cold ground. I tried getting up but I failed and I fell right back onto the cold hard ground.

A sharp pain went through my head. "Itai~.. I don't remember coming into this place." The last thing that I remember was Kanato's face.

Standing up, I closely observed my surroundings. The room was quite small and there's a wooden door with a candle on the wall that brightens up the room. It seemed that this place is underground due to how damp it is.

'I'm going to just open the door and leave. I'll ask Kanato nii-san later why I am here.'

Opening the door, I'm shocked by what it revealed....

There were rows of human-sized mannequins.

Wait...were these even mannequins...

They looked too real.

All of them were females wearing wedding dresses. It's so creepy here. (Kimochi warui >_<)

I turned around, wanting to go back through that door... Maybe there was another way out.

"Mhm. Doll-chan.... I see you've met my collection."

"Eep." Right in front of the large door stood Kanato nii-san.

'How?? When did he get here?... I didn't hear the door open.'

Distracted, I didn't notice that Kanato was standing right in front of me.

"Ne~ Rumi-chan. You'll be mine forever right? I would like to turn you into a doll. You have such lovely features and pale skin, you would make the perfect doll." Kanato smiled creepily and inched closer to me...

"So how about it? Will you join my collection?"

Too stunned to reply, I stood there, not knowing what to say. I could tell he was not pleased with my silence, but I can't help it; I'm too scared to answer.

Right as I was about to reply, a new voice came into view.

"Oi. What are you doing here?"
Looking back, I saw the red-haired brother. I believe it's Ayato. But what is he doing down here?

"Hmph. Are you not going to answer Ore-sama's question."

Blinking, I snapped out of my daze and opened my mouth for my response. "I -"

"You're disrupting me! Rumi-chan still hasn't answered my question."

"Wha-" I saw Ayato reaching for me and the next thing I knew, I was outdoors.

Ugh. We must've teleported... this is not good for my stomach.

"Oi. Chibi. What were you doing with Kanato? It is so disgusting there. Do you even know what room that was?" Ayato exclaimed.

"Ano ne, I don't know how, but just I woke up there." I answered timidly.

"Tch. Anyways don't go there and always stay by me. Alright?" Ayato said angrily.

"H- hai Ayato-nii san. Anyways where are we?" I asked confusedly. Looking around, there was nothing much except a pond next to us.

"It doesn't matter where we are," Ayato stated, "I'm going to teach you a life lesson. You'll need it if you want to survive here."

Confused, I wondered what he was talking about. I didn't notice him coming closer to me until it was too late. I saw his hands outstretched and the next thing I knew, I was falling.

'Oh no. I'm going to fall into the pond!'

I didn't know how to swim. I've always been stuck in the basement and my parents never bothered to teach me.

The moment when I landed in the water, I started to sink. Freaking out, I desperately tried to float, but there was no use. Water kept on getting inside my mouth and I felt lightheaded with all the intake of liquid.

I began my slow descent, falling deeper into the pond, only seeing a faint outline of the surface.

So this is what drowning feels like. Am I going to die?

My eyes become blurry. I lost my breath that I was holding and the last thing I saw was what I presumed to be Ayato swimming underwater. Hopefully he'll save me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to everyone who continues to support this book! ^_^ I'm very sorry about not updating it! Life's been hectic and I didn't really have the time to write down all my ideas into words. I'm a perfectionist and procrastinator and that just complicates everything. Hopefully, I'll be able to update yet another part soon!!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share :)