@ravewood

Sweetness

10 was the only sweetness left in this absurd apocalypse. He was my best friend, he was my rock and everything else. Our relationship isn't quite as romantic, our relationship isn't what people see as normal, but what is normal during a zombie apocalypse. Our love is just that... ours.
We first met way back when the group was still making there way to California. Are meeting was nothing close to romantic. He busted me in the nose when I tried to sneak up behind him. A bloody nose and a shy awkward 10k that didn't know what to do.
After he almost broke my nose he tried to avoid me at all costs, which is pretty much impossible when you travel together. I found him interesting. Not only was he the closest to my own age but there was some kind of tension that drew me closer to him. And he honestly probably found it terrifying.
I basically grew on 10k. I was more strong willed, and determined to get 10k on my side. I think he got tired of trying to ignore me. I was persistent to have his attention. But after the long journey of breaking his walls down, brick by brick, he finally grew to trust me.
And now we were basically inseparable. He was always there, an arm's reach away. He always made sure that he was near, I guess it was his own security blanket for the "what if". 10k was extremely reluctant whenever we were separated.
And when we were together there was always subtle flirting from my side and him going red as the others teased. Usually I was the one to make the first move. For me I just need the comfort of his touch. From sleeping against him to holding on to his arm or even having my legs resting over him, I just needed the reassurance of him really being there.
Staying alive during the apocalypse wasn't the hardest thing. Loving someone was far by harder. Knowing everything on earth was going to chaos and having someone who means more than the world to you is stressful and anxious. No one knows if they make it to their next birthday or even the next month. Loving someone during the apocalypse is like being thirsty in a salt water filled ocean.
But having 10k with me is made it seem easier. It made the days have more light and the nights not as dark. He is the reason why this apocalypse isn't so awful, he is the reason why there still something to look forwards to in this annihilation.