@10thousand-kills

Being separated from group and 10k being protective

Are you sure we should be going through the woods?" You ask Warren.
"Do you want to skip a days worth of walking by the highway or not? Getting through that graveyard could take at least 2 days." She replies, leading the group.
"Alright." You whine. "The woods isn't the best way to get through either, it's starting to get dark. Can we stop for a bit?" You begin to drag your feet across the ground because you were absolutely exhausted, and by the looks of it, so was everybody else.
"You know, we wouldn't be going through this dilemma if we still had the car." Murphy says.
"You mean the car that you crashed?" You asked sarcastically. Murphy opens his mouth to speak but is caught off by the growls of z's. Everyone lazily stands up and starts to kill them, while murphy tries to control them with his mind.
You start to become at ease as you see that they're going down rather fast, but the ease is soon replaced with fear as more and more z's start to appear out of the woods.
Everyone's tiredness is replaced by adrenaline, and zombies are going down, except not enough are being killed. "There's too many!" Addy shouts.
You go to kill a z with your machete, but it gets stuck in its skull. As you tug at it, you didnt notice that another one managed to sneak up behind you until it pinned you to the floor. You struggle under it, before the z falls on top of you, obviously getting killed.
You see 10k pull out his knife from its head and he pulls you to your feet. You pull out the machete from the other z's skull and you look around you. The group is nowhere to be found.
"Addy? Warren? Murphy?" You shout as you take in your surroundings, but no reply comes back to you.
"Y/n they're gone we need to go." 10k says as he grabs your hand and pulls you alongside him.
"Woah woah woah, we cant just leave they're out there." You say as you stop in your tracks.
"Y/n we have to go now!" He tries to pull you by the hand but you refuse to move. "Thats it." He mumbles frustrated, and he throws you over his shoulder before running in the opposite direction.
You groan and hit his back, but he doesn't do so much as turn his head your way. After a few minutes you finally let him do his thing.
He comes to a stop and places you on the ground gently. A small cabin stands in front of the both of you. "We can rest here tonight." He speaks and you nod in agreement.
You pull out a gun and he has his rifle ready as you burst through the door. It's dark and cold inside. You take a step forward, but he puts his arm out in front, stopping you in your tracks. "Me first." He whispers and you roll your eyes at him trying to be the hero.
You both end up searching the cabin but come out empty, there was only one room but it was currently being occupied by the couple that had taken their life together.
You sit on the floor of what seems to be the living room as he looks out the window. Your stomach growls rather loudly, and you hold your stomach in embarrassment hoping he didn't hear that, but he did.
"Eat something." He says as he hands you a twinkie.
"What? No this is yours I had my share already." You say and push his hand back.
"Y/n can you please eat something I don't want you getting sick or something." You sigh in defeat and take the twinkie. You don't know how, but you started to get really sleepy and before you knew it you had passed out on the floor.
You feel 10k's arms go around you and he carries you over to the sofa, he slides off his jacket and places it on top of you in hopes that it keeps you warm somehow. A small smile is pressed on your face and you drift off.

You wake up the next morning due to the sun's light is hitting you directly on the face. You sit up and rub your eyes as you see that 10k is still by the window.
"Morning." You mumble and he turns around. "Did you stay up all night?" You ask him. He knows you already know the answer, but nods anyways. "Any sign of them?" You ask again and he shakes his head.
"We should get moving. They might be looking for us hopefully we meet them half way." He grabs his rifle and opens the door and you both head out.
You both walked for a long time before you started to get really annoyed. You didn't mean to, but it was hot outside and your feet were hurting, you were hungry and thirsty everything was wrong at the moment. You slid down a tree and 10k turns to you.
"We should keep moving come on." He says as he takes your hand. You nod reluctantly and get up. The only thing that made the situation better was that he hadnt let go of your hand.
You hear the rustling of leaves and you both point your guns at whatever is headed your way. You're ready to shoot, but out comes your favorite red head.
"Y/n!" She exclaims. "10k! You guys are alright." She pulls you into a group hug as the rest of the gang comes out into a clear view.
"Did you guys do ok?" Warren asks as she hands you a water bottle.
You take a sip and give some to 10k before returning it to Warren. "Yeah we did fine, thanks to 10k's bed and breakfast cabin." You smile up at him and take his hand. His cheeks go a light shade of red and he looks at the ground as he gives your hand a gentle squeeze.