That Witch Concerns Magic Chapter 8

February 18th 7:12am

    “No signs yet. What do you say to that Aunt Rose?”

    That’s what I told her this morning.

    She gave me this wise look and said, “Be watchful my child.”

    I found that sort of wanna-be Dumbledore because she would usually just tell me “For Pete’s sake, ever though that perhaps the signs just haven’t COME YET?!”

    “It’s been a full twelve hours. Don’t you think Mother Nature would be more thoughtful?” I said.

    She threw her Poptart at me.

5:23, in Gavin’s bathroom

    So Gavin was all like, “Hey… Could you uh… well… come for supper?”

    I said yes of course, I don’t really need to ask my mom. She knows if I’m late I’d be at Mrs. Reid’s. Only when she’s feeling extra motherly will she bother to call.

    So we walked home together and Gavin was being really weird. He kept on running his hand through his brown hair, and our hands brushed against each other multiple times. So finally I asked him really sincerely, “What is your problem?”

    He peered at me through his bangs “Ah…Nothing.”

    We finally reached his house at around four o’clock and sat down to have supper, because the Reid’s eat early. I was staring at the flowers on the middle of the table.

    “Did you get new flowers today?” I asked Mrs. Reid.

    “No actually, it’s really weird, they were drooping yesterday. Now they’re crisp and lively.”

    This cannot be a sign. I mean, this isn’t my house. It’s Gavin’s. You’ll have to try harder than that Aunt Rose. I’ll bet she’s doing this. She probably changed the flowers, right?

    Ack, even I see that that’s not possible! She’d need a key! I mean, I never told anyone were the Reid’s spare key is. Gavin specifically told me not to mention it to anyone.

    This has got to be a coincidence. I mean, it’s not like vines are growing out of my fingernails or anything. See that I would believe.

6:28

    Oh gross. I found a few pairs of my socks toes nibbled off. Mom said it was probably a mouse or a rat (Eeeeeeeeew) and she wants to set up a mouse trap in my room.

    You should have seen Aunt Rose’s face when Mom said that. Her cheeks and forehead went all red, and her mouth twisted into something that resembled an oyster shell.

    “You will do no such thing!” She sounded like Darth Vader baking cookies.

    Mom and I just looked at her a little stunned.  “Ah, Rose? We have to get rid of this pest. We don’t want a mouse in Nikki’s room…”

    “Don’t you dare kill it. Do you realize how great a chance this is for Nikki! Not many of us are this lucky.”

    We gawked at her. “Um… I really don’t see how this is good…”

    She glared at us as if we were the ones that had officially lost our minds. “Can’t you see? I’m not sure, but this could be her Familiar!” When she realized she wasn’t going to get any recognition from us, she continued. “Not everyone is able to find their Familiar so early, why, it was a few years before I was given Jewels. Eddie didn’t even receive one!”

    “Wait a second.” I snorted. “Are you saying whoever this Eddie is… He’s a witch?” because that’s all I picked up from her lecture.

    If looks could kill, I wouldn’t be writing this now. “It’s simply popular belief that only woman can be witches. There are wizards, but they practice a different kind of magic.”

    I nodded. “So wizards can be girls to?”

    “Of course.” She nodded happily, obviously pleased that I was taking an interest.

    “I knew it! So the book “A Wizard Named Nell” is true! Man, I need to read that again…” I looked all forlorn.

   She sighed and muttered something that sounded like “You’re impossible…”

    I looked at my mom. “You’re still going on about witches?” she asked.

    Rose glanced at her in a way that implied she was wondering about her sister’s IQ.

    So now there is a mouse, or rat, but I’m going to not gross myself out to much and believe the mouse possibility, in my room. You do not understand how much this is freaking me out. I’m hearing things now, like rustling, and squeaking, but Mom says I’m just paranoid.

    We set up a trap that won’t kill it, so my aunt is happy.

    I’m kind of scared to find it…

________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, so shout out to idontneedanusername cause she gives me diamonds and cheeseburgers. :D Go check out her guide, it's sooooo awesome. :B Nom.

Um.... Comment? Because I love you and give you donuts? *Hands out Boston Creams*

Oh, and today, I ate a sandwitch! How interesting is THAT?