IHTLY Ch. 2

Sorry about any weird spacing. ._.

Phoenix's POV

I awoke the next morning to warm sunlight invading my bedroom through my black curtains. My mom was screaming at me from downstairs to get up in the most irritating voice for that early in the morning.

I rolled onto my back so I could stare up at my textured white ceiling. Today was the day. Today was the day that I would find my mate - hopefully. I sure as Hell hoped it was a man. I much prefer men. Not that sexuality was a big deal in the werewolf world. None of us cared about stupid prejudices like that. We all wanted our mate no matter what they looked like or what body parts they had. Your mate is literally your other half. They complete you.

"Phoenix!" Mom screamed up the stairs. I tried my best to ignore her and just laid there. "Phoenix...! Phoenix, Phoenix, Phoenix, Phoenix, Phoe-"

"What?" I screamed back.

"Happy birthday Baby Cakes!"

I rolled my eyes as she giggled from downstairs. I forced myself out of bed with a groan and shuffled to my bathroom. I stripped out of my clothes before getting in the shower. The hot water cascaded down my lean body. It can be humiliating sometimes that I'm a guy but I'm not all big and muscular, but I'm one of the fastest wolves in the pack, so that saves some of my pride. I have been made fun of for my size before, and it does knock me down a bit, but I get right back up.

My mate won't make fun of me, though. He'll love me and cherish me, and we'll be happy for the rest of our lives. He'll put his strong arms around me and protect me. He'll kick anyone's ass if they dare make fun of me. He'll make me laugh and cuddle with me.

I hope he's tall, tan and muscular, yet lean. I hope he has sexy dark hair and pretty eyes. Blue eyes are my favorite.

He'll be perfect.

I realized my water had run cold while I was lost in thought. I quickly exited the light blue shower, not bothering to dry off first. I regretted that when my wet feet slipped on my white, tiled floor. I landed hard on my butt, narrowly missing hitting my head on the side of the tub. Thank god that didn't happen or I may not have gotten to meet my mate today.

I groaned as I slowly stood up, my backside throbbing. I grabbed a fluffy white towel so I could dry off.

I went to my bedroom in just my towel to find the perfect outfit for the day. I set my white iPhone 5C up in my black dock first, scrolling through my many songs. I pressed on "King for a Day" by Pierce the Veil. I strutted over to my walk-in closet as Vic Fuentes's voice bounced around my room, accompanied by Kellin Quinn.

I searched through my rows of clothes while I sang along softly. "Please won't you push me for the last time? Let's scream until there's nothing left. So sick of playing I don't want this anymore. The thought of you is no fucking fun. You want a martyr; I'll be one, because enough's enough we're done."

I pulled a light blue, white, and gray button-up shirt off the rack. I laid it over my arm, and then dug around in a drawer until I found a black wife beater. I also grabbed a pair of loose, black skinny jeans. I grabbed a pair of light blue Vans, short black socks, and tight boxer briefs before exiting my closet, carrying my outfit.

I laid it all out on my bed just as "Teenagers" by My Chemical Romance started playing. I began bobbing my head to the music. I started singing, "Because the drugs never work. They're gonna give you a smirk 'cause they got methods of keepin' you clean. They're gonna rip up your heads, your aspirations to shreds. Another cog in the murder machine. They said all TEENAGERS SCARE THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME!" I screamed as I started jumping around my room, shaking my butt to the beat and singing along loudly. "All together now!"