Part 17: The next generation

Third person POV
"Morning dad." Nathaniel said as he sat down on the chair.
"Morning." Alex replied. Taking a sip of his coffee.
"Where's Sean and Catherine?"
"Your mom's waking them up."
Nathaniel took a bite of his pancake before adding some syrup.
"Now in history class, we are learning about you guys and how the war against halcyon went..."
"Oh really? Tell me something that I didn't tell you before." Alex smirked.
"Well... We learn how you practice fire while sitting on hot magma..."
"That was pretty 'hot' of me. Don't ya think?" Alex joked. Both of them laughed out loud as Sean stumbled downstairs.
"Mooooooorning" Alex said.
"Anyone seen my phone?" Sean asked as he rub his eyes.
"You didn't charge it last night, you dumb." Nathaniel said as he took another bite of his pancake.
"Dammit Nath, you could at least charge it for me!" Sean snapped.
"Hey! Language!" Alex said.
Catherine walked down the circular staircase and walked towards the kitchen table, holding a gun.
"You know Cath. You are scary like that." Sean pointed at her gun.
"So? It's for self defense nowadays. Creeps everywhere." Cath replied.
"Okay, okay. Settle down. C'mon Cath, sit with us." Alex pulled a chair next to him.
"Sure. Lemme grab the syrup." Catherine said as she sat down.
"Who were you talking to last night, Sean?" Alex asked.
"Oh. I was talking to Marie."
"Oh, Petal's daughter?" Kestrel asked as she sat down.
"Whoa mom. When did you get here?" Sean jumped.
"I been here since you came in." Kestrel said.
"Well would ya look at the time! It's already 7:30! Gotta go to work!" Said Alex. He grabbed his suitcase as he walked out the door. Kestrel kissed him upon the cheek as the 4 kids yelled out "bye!"
This is just a short idea of Alex's family. When I publish this I will be working on another chapter... Don't worry... The next chapter won't be short I promise... But might take a bit longer than usual. It will be out on about 2/6 or shorter. If not, it will be on at least 10:00 EST. thanks a lot for reading and have a super duper delicious day!!! 😀😀😀