"I'm sorry, they just really mess with my head. They frustrate me to no end too, because they come in all these bits and pieces that I'm trying to put together, but it still makes no sense. It's like trying to do a jigsaw, but you've never seen the picture on the front of the box."

"Please Adelaide, don't apologise," he requested gently. "I want to listen, to try and help you. Besides, I'm sure your Father would have something to say to me if I left you to weep on your own."

My smile slowly fell, "I'd doubt that."

"He does care Adelaide, he's just stressed. It may not see like it but he is just focused on your safety. Now come on Princess, you need to get ready. Ed will be here in an hour or two."

"Princess?" I retorted with a laugh.

"Yes, princess. You seem to be treated like royalty around here," he stated, earning a light smack on his arm. I laughed, going to get of the counter top, only to be stopped once again. "What?"

"If I ask really nicely, can you do the diner tonight? I mean I would, but that cookbook really doesn't give many tips on how to avoid fires," he sighed dramatically, a child like smile lacing his face.

"I think that'd be best for the safety of both us and the rest of the people on the street, but I'll go get ready first. Don't you need to as well?" I questioned, taking notice of his attire, his usual long sleeved jumper and skinny jeans.

"I am ready," he stated simply, as if it were obvious.

"Why do you always wear long sleeved tops?" My question threw him off slightly, causing him to subconsciously pull at the end of his sleeves.

"I just like them," he murmured, moving away so that I could get down from the counter. "Is there anything that I can do to start the dinner?"

"Just chop up the veg?" I suggested as I turned to leave the room, proceeding up the stairs to get changed.

"This looks ace Kate." Ed complimented, as we took a seat at the table, his eyes scanning over the array of food below him. I sent him a polite nod, which was haunted by a silence that rested between us for a few moments before Ed spoke again, "So, Ryan what do you do for a living?"

Luke, who had been silently eating his dinner, raised his eyes to meet Eds. I began to panic slightly, though Luke remained calm and answered confidently.

"I do personal training, but I'm currently studying Sports Science at University. What about you?" His answer was precise and to the point which was surprising considering he had made it up on the spot.

"I'm studying too but I have a bit of time off currently, which is good considering I don't actually know how long you're staying for Kate?"

I was silent for a moment, both Luke and Ed giving me their full attention. Still not knowing what to say, my palms began pooling with sweat, unable to formulate a reply as swiftly as Luke had. However, Luke picked up on my uneasiness in no time, reacting quickly by tracing two letters on my thigh.

"Two months, that's what I've planned anyway," I said, relief flooding through me as Ed continued the conversation further, oblivious to my stumble. I mouthed a brief 'thank you' to Luke as he removed his hand, appearing nonchalant.

"How do you two know each other again?" Ed spoke up, directing the question to the two of us. I decided that it would be best to let Luke handle the situation.

"Her parents are friends with mine. We've known each other since we were kids."

"What was with all the arguments then? Surely you two would be inseparable by now?" I couldn't decide whether he was just curious or was trying to get at something. Luke visibly tensed and I could see his patience thinning.