Chapter Twenty-Four: Congratulations are in Order

En başından başla

“Urgh... I can’t remember much from last night.” Nate says as he rubs a hand down his face. “Though waking up was pretty nice.” He smiles gently at me.

I look at him for a second seeing something hidden behind the smile, a secret. “Are you alright Nate?” I ask my brows furrowing together.

He looks at me in confusion for a second. “Fine.” He states after a while schooling his features carefully.

“Sorry, I-” I trail off as the front door opens and closes my brothers scent drifts into the lounge room, shortly followed by Claude’s. Another scent hits my nose, my eyebrows twitch in confusion at the new scent.

“Smells like your brother and his mate were busy last night.” Drew mutters from the couch slowly pulling himself into a sitting position along with Tessa.

I look at Nate. “That other scent means there mated.” He confirms.

I leap onto my feet, watching out for Nate as he quickly spreads his legs so I don’t hurt him. “Sorry.” I call over my shoulder as I run to the front room. Throwing my arms around my brother a giant smile on my face. “Congratulations Noah.” I say as I pull away, pulling Claude into a hug I congratulate him too.

“Umm… Thanks.” Claude mumbles awkwardly moving closer to Noah a blush colouring his checks.

“So adorable.” I smile as I look back at Noah. “I’m using the bathroom first.” I yell into the silence.

“I’m second.” Tessa’s voice soon follows.

Running up the stairs to the bathroom I strip out of my clothes and get under the warm water quickly washing myself, I then wrap a towel around my waist and brush my teeth. Exiting the bathroom I look down the hall to see people moving about.

“Your turn Tess.” I yell going into my bedroom.

I wait in my room for about fifteen minutes before Tessa throws the door open and wonders in with a towel wrapped around her. She goes over to my draws and pulls some clothes out.

A knock at the door has me leaving my room with Tessa following closely behind, I glance around the hall but see no one going to answer so I shrug my shoulders and move down the stairs. Throwing the door open I freeze for a second then allow a scowl to cover my features.

“And what do you want?” I sigh.

My mother steps forward. “We just want to talk.”

“So talk.” I instruct still holding the door open.

“I just wanted to see how you were doing and talk about what happened to you.” She takes another step forward.

“I’m doing fine thanks as you can see and no I don’t want to talk about what happened. It’s in the past no need to dwell on it.” I let a satisfied smile slip onto my face when I see her flinch.

“Amethyst!” I hear Nate call my name as footsteps sound on the stairs.

I turn my head to look at him. My breath momentarily getting caught in my throat as I stare at him. He stands at the foot of the stairs with only a towel wrapped around his waist, crystal water droplets run down his chest. I quickly raise my eyes up to his to see a sly smirk on his face.

Schooling my features I scowl at him. “Yea Nate? What can I do for you?”

“Pants would be nice thanks.” He says simply. “Oh and some for Trick too.”

“I’m sure there’s some spares somewhere.” I mutter my eyes slowly dropping back to his chest.

“Oh and Drew too.” He suddenly says.

I turn back to my parents letting an easy smile cross my lips. “I’ve got to go. I won’t talk to you later.” With that I slam the door closed.

Turning back to Nate I watch over and punch him in the chest.

He backs up a step tripping over the bottom step and falling back onto the stairs, rubbing his chest he looks up at me confused. “What the hell was that for?”

I smirk down at him. “You know exactly what that was for.”

He pushes himself up grinning. “I couldn’t help myself.”

“I realise.” I laugh.

He just smiles.

“I’m gonna go make breakfast for everyone.” Tessa says as she ducks around the corner into the kitchen.

I just stare at Nate for a long second trying to figure out what to do with him, letting my feelings for him get in the way will only hurt both of us in the end. But it won’t hurt anyone at the moment. I think to myself as I step toward him.

“Follow me. I’ll see if I can find any pants for you lot.” Walking up the stairs I pause as the bathroom door swings open and Trick exits a towel around his waist.

Letting out a long sigh I walk past to the wardrobe at the end of the hall, swinging the doors open raise my eyebrow at the neat stack of folded clothes at the bottom. Pulling out three pairs of pants I throw one to each of the boys as Drew strolls out of the bathroom a cloud of steam following him.

“I’m hungry.” I say after a silent five minutes, each of the boys standing there in pants now.

Walking past them Nate brushes his fingertips across my stomach as he turns to follow me to the kitchen.

                                                                  * * * * *

Hmmm....... I'm not sure about this chapter. But I hope you liked it, if not that's kl too. I'm planning on changing it once I start editing the story.

Please leaned me your support via VOTES and/or COMMENTS and please do FAN :)

Enjoy your time. Until next week :)

SoaringSpirit