Chapter 9 Truth and Tattoos

Scarlet got to the door before Evan or Jake who are still barely awake. She was still wondering why her brother was willing to come along yet wanted to sleep in. 'Maybe they should have learned that going all night with video games," she thought shaking her head. While arriving to the door there was Caitlyn's bike and someone's car was right next to her bike. "Anyone recognize that car?"

Jake and Evan look at the car she pointed out but they just shook their heads. However Jake looked at the car again rubbed his eyes, "it looks familiar but I am not sure who owns it."

"Wow."

The siblings looked at each other then at Evan who was pointing at another car, "what?"

"Come look you won't believe me when I tell you," Evan had a big old grin on his face as he looked at the side of the building. The two walk over next to Evan, and Scarlet could barely believe her eyes.

"HOW?! They are NEVER here before us!?!? It is like meeting day or something?!" There parked in their pretty usual spot was Rosie's truck which wasn't here at this time of day. This surprise made Scarlet run to the door and yank it open to see everyone, but Andy and Caitlyn were in the lobby. "What is going on?"

~~~~~~

"So like I promised I would tell you about why I left so suddenly." Caitlyn nervously leaned up against the counter that was in the snack and supply room in the back. Across from her were her parents who sat in the two butter fly chairs and Andy sat on the counter next to Caitlyn. She couldn't make eye contact with her family as she licked her bitten lip thinking how to explain what she was about to say to them. "Just let me get through all this before anyone says anything please." She sighed one last time before she told her story, "okay on my way home from school after I had that toturing lesson in December just before my birthday I was walking home alone. I know I said I was with someone but it was only partially a lie. All year I was flirty with this boy thinking he was cute and he was the bad boy so I thought I would just flirt but never was serious. Turns out you need to be careful about that kind of stuff. He was in a gang that I wasn't aware of thinking that there wasn't such a thing where we live but there was. As I am walking home he passed by me and called me over to him but I acted like I didn't hear him since I wanted to be home. It was my birthday and I just wanted to be home for it so yeah I ignored him and well he didn't like that. He pulled up ahead and got out of the car looking like he was just smoking so I just went to cross the street. As I went to cross the street his buddies come up in their car blocking me off so I was stuck and next thing I know he was talking to them. Before I could move he pulled me aside and told me to not react which I know Dad you told me to do so no matter what but," Caitlyn rubbed the side of her head, "there was a gun to my head. I didn't want to die on my birthday so I just went with it knowing if I screamed he might have killed me. However even if he couldn't his buddies could, because they had tear tattoos and I have seen them in the paper charged with murder. Anyway one thing led to another and he, had his way with me," she had to pause not wanting to use the 'r' word. "To prove that I wouldn't tell anyone if he let me go Andy was driving by and he shot at the wall next to the window where his head would have been. It scared the shit out of me, not only did he know my family but he knew our schedules! Of course I wanted nothing more than be home so after he allowed me to clean up my face he let me go. Later that week I noticed I missed my period. I had a feeling what was the truth but I wanted to make sure so I asked a friend of mine to get a test. Turned out I was prego and I knew I couldn't hide if for long. Knowing you would be questioning me like I committed murder, which is understandable since I never brought a guy home besides Austin. Though he pretty much lived there and trust me Dad I still worry about you meeting my partners," Caitlyn said trying to smile at the images of her father lecturing her about dating.