Chapter Twenty Five

Comincia dall'inizio

"I'm so sorry I doubted you. It's just- with everything that's happening I'm so emotional and I don't known what to think or believe, and I'm so confused and I don't know what I want and I-" he silenced me by pressing his lips softly to mine.

And then it was over, like it'd never happened.

"Stop worrying so much. It's my turn to spend the day with you, and we got off to a bad start. Shall we retry that?" He questioned.

I nodded.

"Morning Sophia. What would you like to do today?" He asked as if nothing had happened.

I giggled a little and shrugged. So he decided for me.

"Get dressed and meet me in the kitchen"

"No! I- I mean please stay with me" I said, grabbing his shirt desperately. Ever since the werewolf incident I don't like being left alone at night.

He chuckled but sat back down on the bed like I'd requested while I got ready. When I was done, I walked out of the bathroom and walked back over to him.

He stood up and offered me his hand, which I took it without hesitation. I feel a lot better now that I've got everything off my chest. Well, everything to do with him.

When we got to our first stop, the kitchen, he quickly made me toast and poured me a cup of orange juice, grimacing noticeably as he passed it to me.

"Eat fast. There's something I want to show you" he informed me excitedly.

I did just that, rapidly eating my toast and then downing my orange juice.

The second I finished he grabbed my hand and led me out of the kitchen and out of the front door.

He went to stand behind me, and I had no idea what he wanted to show me. "Don't turn around until I say so, okay?"

I nodded, still confused. Until I saw a bright light in the corner of my eye, which proceeded to shoot up into the sky.

It was magnificent.

Flames that appeared golden yet red illuminated the night sky, though there was no smoke to be seen.

The fire then took the shape of two people in a tight embrace, while parts of it split off to shape the words 'I love you, Sophia'

Then the unquenchable flames formed themselves into a scene I instantly recognised.

Five people having a snowball fight, laughing happily.

The first memory I'd ever recovered of my childhood, the one I'd seen when Tristan had said 'Kira?'

Before me, I was witnessing the memory being played out in beautiful, roaring fire.

Ignoring his previous request, I turned around to see Tristan with a huge grin on his face.

He brought the flames back into his hand, where they stayed in a neat little fire ball for a second before seemingly disappearing beneath his skin, becoming a part of him. I stared, fascinated.

"When I was learning to control my ability, I accidently set Tyson on fire. Let's just say I wasn't his favourite that particular year" he laughed to himself. I smiled as I imagined that scene, playing it out in my mind.

"That was amazing" I whispered, still in awe of what I'd jut witnessed.

"I'm glad you liked it" he whispered back, wrapping his arm around my waist.

We just stayed in silence for a minute, I was still amazed. It was so... beautiful. Beautiful was an understatement.

He sat on the floor and dragged me onto his lap, where we stayed for what felt like forever. But neither of wanted it to end.