Chapter Ten

When I awoke that night, I realised immediately that I wasn't alone. The rapid gasps and groans that came from the other side of the room gave away the presence of another. But the fact slipped my mind when my senses fully awoke.

The light was on, blinding me as I opened my tired eyes. Why did I leave my light on, I never sleep with my light on unless my sister has a nightmare and crawls into my bed. Then I do keep the light on for her, she believes it keeps the monsters away.

Looking around, I realised I wasn't in my cosy bedroom at home, I was in the red room again, the one I had come back to consciousness in on the first night. This room... It reminded me of all I had left behind when I was taken. I miss the little things, as well as the things you'd expect.

You'd expect me to miss my family and friends. You'd expect me to think about my life in general, and all I've left behind. But I also miss the small things.

I miss my routine. I miss putting clean socks on before I go to bed. I miss wishing my mum a good day as I walk out the door on my way to school. I can't stop thinking about everything that was taken from me when I was kidnapped. I can feel a deep, ugly hatred of the brothers growing in my heart.

It took me a while to remember I wasn't alone. I looked over to where the rapid pants were coming from when I saw him.

On they red sofa, clutching his head with both hands, was Tristan.

Sort of. His dyed hair was a mess, matted with a darker colour I can only assume is blood. When he looked up, he had a feral glint in his eyes, eyes that were an even deeper shade of red that before. His skin had gone a sickly shade of white, reminding me of the deceased people I've seen in films. The sight made me shudder involuntarily.

He got to his feet, and in an instant, he was face to face with me, his knees either side of my stomach. The fight had drained from his eyes. All I saw was hunger within them, no emotion.

So he'd finally given in.

His eyes zoned in on where my pulse was strongest. My neck. I struggled, attempting to knee him in the groin, knowing the action was pointless before I'd even moved my leg. Tristan was equal to an animal right now.

Hungry and desperate.

I was out of luck when I tried to kick him. A telltale burning sensation of the skin around my wrists and ankles told me that the were bound. I knew my efforts were pointless all along. But I wasn't just going to surrender without trying to bring him back.

Tristan leaned closer. In a last attempt to stop him doing something he'd regret, began shouting at him.

"Tristan! This isn't you! Stop it! You're not anything like your brothers, don't become like them! It's me, Sophia!" I begged him desperately. But his eyes maintained their feral glint, they showed no sign of recognition.

I still don't understand. Why would his brothers do this to him? They're his family! Aren't they supposed to care?!

Leaning down further so his chest was pressed against mine, I felt Tristan lick my neck and groan in pleasure. Wasting no time, he bit quickly down. Hard.

I gasped as the pain of his bite blossomed throughout my body. That gasp quickly turned to a shriek when I felt his fangs dig deeper as he bit down harder. In response, he covered my mouth with one large hand.

The pain was so intense, it felt like two red hot needles were stuck in my neck, being moved around and as if someone else was sticking burning daggers in me as many times as they liked. Groaning and whimpering I clutched the red bedsheets. The pain was indescribably.