Chapter Sixteen

~unedited~

After a while, Chase pulled away. I was still processing his words, a million thoughts running through my head too fast for me to keep up.

"I've loved since I first laid eyes on you, which is so unlike me" he confessed, looking away and avoiding my eyes. "But I know I'm causing you pain. It's not my place to allow you to, but I'll let you go home if you want. I'm so sorry for all the pain I've caused you, I just thought if I told you the truth you'd hate me, reject me. I'm sorry Sophia, I really am. I'll take you home, even though it'll rip my heart apart. Promise me one thing, that you'll never forget me"

Chase's speech was so charged with emotion I just wanted to cry into his chest, hug him and tell him I'd never leave him. But I just couldn't do that.

I was torn. I want to see my family again, but I have also fallen for Chase. And his brothers. My brothers.

I still cringe thinking of them as my siblings. But it's not too wrong, is it? I didn't grow up with them, I can't possibly see them as brothers...

"I really don't know what to do. I think I've fallen for you too" I answered him truthfully, without properly thinking

Did I just say that?

"It's okay. Go home. I understand. 'I took you away from everything you loved and you hate me and wish I was never your brother' he said, quoting me. "Why should you return my feelings? You've every right to hate me and what I am." He finished sadly, still refusing to met my gaze.

"Could you leave me alone for a minute? I need to think" without a word, Chase nodded and left me alone in the bedroom.

Do I want to become a vampire, and leave my family? Or should I stay human and go home? But they weren't even my real family. My real family is right here.

Even if I did go home, I'd still need Chase for his blood. Whether I stay or go, I'll still see him...

I don't know what to do! Would it be selfish of me to chose to stay here? Would I be able to get over my new found feelings if I went home? I'm not sure...

I was rudely yanked out of my thoughts as the glass from the window smashed inwards, and I was too shocked to move or scream.

A tall hooded figure  scrambled in through the now smashed window and came running towards me. I had no time to react, he was too quick for my eyes to pick up his form properly, except got his obviously male physique.

He grabbed me and leaped back towards the window that he smashed just moments ago.

What! Is he going to jump? Who is he? Where is he taking me?!

The guy jumped out the window. I gasped but we soon hit the ground, both unharmed. Is he another vampire?

"CHA-" I started to shout, but a large hand came over my mouth and pressed down hard.

He then flung me over his shoulder and began running towards the woods at a very quick pace, making me fell slightly nauseous.

I couldn't see where we were headed because my head was bashing into his back with every step he took. I soon felt lightheaded after being practically upside down for a good ten minutes, the blood rushing to my head, making me see stars.

After what felt like forever, the man slowed his pace and put me down. Well, I say put me down but it was more like a throw. I clutched my stomach and bent over, feeling like I was going to reach.

By the time I felt a little better, I was surrounded by a large circle of people.

And every single one of them was looking directly at me, looking disgusted. What did I do to them?