I laughed. "Of course Fiore."

"Here." She handed me a flared out cream colored blazer. "Now we have to go see how Lana is doing."

"Lana? What's happened with Lana? Wait . . . I'm getting fuzzy memories."

Fiore sighed. "Get in the car, I'll explain along the way."

I sat and listened to Fiore's story. As she explained my memories started flooding back. I remembered Ian drunkenly shouting how Lana was his fiancé, and his future wife. I remembered Lana getting shot. Fiore's strict ordered that no one else was allowed out. I remembered crying until I heard that Lana was safely in the ambulance. I was having flashbacks. I've seen enough ambulances to last me a life time. Fiore had quickly taken charge of the situation and had Ian and Chad carefully move Lana as she tore her own beautiful one of a kind dress with orders to pack the wound. Fiore saw to it none of the media was allowed any access, they were all too terrified of her to challenge her. She had her servant Geoffrey direct the Ambulance and it wasn't long before Lana was in the best hands English money could buy.

"Have we heard anything?"

"I have some hysterical texts and voicemails from Christine and Ian, but Chad and Greg have assured me she's stable. She's not conscious, but I think Ian needs us more than Lana does right now. Someone said something. I'm going to find out who, hunt them down and make sure no one ever accepts another piece from them. I will see to it that they not only lose their job, but all future hope of any livelihood. Ever. I am no one to be trifled with." Fiore turned to me. "Which reminds me, what happened with you last night? Who do I need to deal with?"

Then I remembered. Chase."I think Lana is more important right now." I deflected.

Fiore raised an eyebrow but let it go. Fiore and I shoved our way through the media circus outside the hospital and were led into the main waiting room. We were led through security and the smell of antiseptic and plastic filled my nose and it took me a moment to calm myself back down.

I hated hospitals. As much as I hated them, I knew someone who would be hating this hospital even more. Fiore was speaking quietly with my Aunt Cassie and Uncle Henry and I saw Christine sleeping awkwardly in a chair, her head on Greg's shoulder, his arm around her rubbing her back. I jumped when a hand was on my shoulder and I relaxed when I saw it was Chad.

"Hey,"

"Hello, how are you feeling?"

"I'm alright, how's Lana?"

"Stable, which is the best we can hope for at the moment."

"And Ian?"

Chad gave me a sad half-smile. "You are a clever one."

"Where is he?"

"He hasn't left her side." Chad replied, indicating a door with two armed security guards.

I nodded. I walked right past security and into Lana's room. Lana was a mess. I felt my heart in my throat as I saw the IV in her arm, the heart monitor, the wires and monitors and I was trying not to remember the last person I'd seen like this. Ian was holding Lana's hand in his and his head was resting on the other. He must have fallen asleep. I walked back out and back up to Chad.

"Does Ian like coffee?"

"He likes it well enough."

"Do you know how he takes it?"

Chad nodded. "Yeah,"

"Come with me."

A few minutes later I had two fresh cups of coffee. I went back in the room and rubbed Ian's back. He jumped but relaxed after he saw me. He looked a mess. His hair was disheveled, his eyes bloodshot, his complexion pallid.