Chapter IX

I would like to offer special thanks to vampiress07 thanks for fanning me <3

________________________________________________________________________

Chapter IX: Trouble . . .

"We are going to have to move quickly and carefully. Have you ever encountered the paparazzi?" Ian asked, his face solomn. I shook my head. "I'm going to lead us to a taxi. Don't say anything, they will turn it into something malicious. Be silent, don't make eye contact and I'll get us out of here." I nodded. Ian led me by the arm and shoved us through.

"Prince Ian, who is this? Are things over with Amelia?"

"Hey you, is he a good lay?"

"What?" I asked. Eww he was my cousin.

"Shut up, Juliet," Ian whispered.

"Juliet? Her name's Juliet?

I felt my other arm grabbed and I was pulled away from Ian. "Who are you and what do you have to say?"

"Where'd he go?"

"JULIET!" Ian was trying to force his way through.

"So tell us, how does it feel to be the other woman?"

"How long have you been seeing each other?"

"We're not! Eww!"

"Eww? You think he's gross then?"

"He's family."

"Ian you're into incest?"

Ian covered his face with his hand. "This is my dear cousin, I am still very much with Amelia."

Ian tried to help me up but I got thrown to the ground. "What the fuck? Watch what you're doing your stupid cow!" I shouted as I fell on my butt.

"What was that?"

"Mouth like a sailor?"

"American at that?"

Ian grabbed my arm and roughly pulled me to my feet and practically threw me in the cab and jumped in behind me. "Buckingham Palace, now please."

"Anything you say your highness." The cab driver seemed nice enough.

Ian sighed. "What were you thinking? I told you not to say anything!"

I shrugged. "I'm sorry. My mouth works faster than my brain." I hung my head. "I kind of have a temper. It makes me stupid, well stupider."

Ian shook his head. We pulled up to the palace and there were people waiting at the gate. Among them were Lana, and Christine. There was a man with the same blond hair as Christine and Ian's strong jaw waiting. I had a feeling I was about to have an audience with the king. The paparazzi followed us of course. Ian carefully got out, his face solemn he looked up and froze.

"Where have you been?" Lana hissed.

"Lana, make sure Juliet gets home safely." Ian ordered. Lana looked taken aback then nodded.

"Okay, but we have to talk later."

"Much later, I'm pretty sure Father is going to talk to me first." Ian sighed. He walked up to his father.

"You're a disgrace." Was all he hissed before he turned and stormed off. I heard, and I knew we did, but it wasn't loud enough for the paparazzi to heard. I saw Ian's face for just a moment before he procured a pleasant mask. He gave everyone a pleasant smile and waved before following his father inside. Christine gave me a sympathetic smile before heading inside herself.

"This way." Lana led me to a car that was waiting and ushered me inside.

I could feel the tension coming off her in waves. She seemed pale and flustered. Her eyes had a hint of redness and looked a little puffy. I'd guess she'd been crying. After a short while of uncomfortable silence I couldn't take it anymore.

"Hey, Lana?"

"What?" Lana asked, her head snapped to look at me.

"I'm in a lot of trouble, aren't I?"

"Yes,"

"How much?"

"A lot."

"Um, are you in trouble?"

"Yes,"

"How much,"

"A lot more."

I sighed. "I'm sorry. I didn't know. I don't know. I'm rambling, but I really want you to know I'm sorry."

Lana sighed. "You don't know. You really don't. Are you hurt?"

"No,"

"That's good. I heard the paparazzi got rough with you. I was worried. We all were."

"I didn't mean to make you worry."

Lana shook her head. "You need to think things through next time."

"I'm not good at that."

"I noticed."

I hung my head.

"But you can't use that as an excuse anymore. I can't say how things are run in America, where you're from, but here we do things a certain way. Royalty does not behave that way. End of story."

I felt really guilty. "I've only been here a week, and I'm already ruining lives, aren't I?"

Lana sighed. "You aren't ruining lives. You're just making mine much more difficult. Ian's too. He's going to be in a lot of trouble. I hope you understand that."

I shook my head. "I could say I do, but I really don't. I don't know what happens when a prince misbehaves."

"You don't hear much about that on the news do you?"

"Nope,"

"That's because it's not tolerated."

"Oh, that's a good reason."

"Ian is twenty-three, if he was sixteen they could use the whole rebellious teenager excuse. He's twenty-three. Twenty-three! He's an adult and future ruler of this country. He must appear stable."

I nodded, not knowing what else to do.

"If you ever want to see him again, you will have to schedule it through me, and I will accompany you at all times. Do I make myself clear?"

I nodded. "I really did have fun, he did too."

Lana shook her head. "It's not about fun." Lana gave me a serious look. "I hope you can grasp what you did today."

I shook my head. "I really didn't, but I won't let it happen again."

"I hope not."

"But I don't know how . . ."

Lana sighed. "I'd suggest you start by getting an advisor."

I laughed. "Are you,"

"NO! I have enough crap on my plate with Ian and Christine. I'm lucky Alex is still a little kid."

"Do you know anyone?"

"I'll make some phone calls."

I nodded. "I really am sorry,"

"Unfortunately, sorry doesn't fix this."

I nodded. I had a lot of growing up to do. And it was going to have to happen fast. I didn't want to be an embarrassment and I didn't want to make anyone's life more difficult. Whether I liked it or not, I was going to have to change.

______________________________________________________________

Okay, now is the time to vote and comment and you can fan too, that makes me smile <3