Chapter Nine

The above picture is the new cover for the story! What do you think?

"Naruto?" He heard them both speak his name. It was heart clenching.

He didn't want their reunion to be like this. He was a different Naruto now. When he had died it signified the point his life had changed.

Naruto had set Sakura upright so he was no longer holding her.

"You're supposed to be dead? How?" His cool blue eyes glanced at Sasuke's.

Worry and confusion were the only feelings he detected.

His blue eyes remained still as stone.

"I am dead. " he quickly explains and while thinking  this conversation meaningless.

He could feel two spiritual presences getting closer to his location. 

"Naruto. How did you know to do that?"  Sasuke questioned.

While, Sakura had tears trailing  down the side of her face making her complexion redden.

"I'm a soul reaper. A captain to be exact." 

"Captain Uzumaki we felt the presence of a hollow. But, I see my little Nanou worried for nothing. "

The girl soul reaper tipped her glasses up in embarrassment. Making a pout like face to her dear captain.

While, her captain messed with her hair. Making Nanao blush in defeat.

"We should be leaving. " Naruto expressed.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Naruto. " The blonde captain stopped.

Turning his head to hear the masculine voice. The Jonin who was his Sensei jumped down from a nearby tree.

"Kakashi. It's been a while. "

"It's good to see you. You've grown, Naruto. "

"You as well. You saw everything?"

"I did. "

"Good. Then I don't have to repeat myself. Captain. Lieutenant, we should be going. "

"Aww, but Naruto we can stay a little bit. "

"Have you forgotten our orders?"

"No. I haven't. But, it would do us some good if we take residence in the village. "

Naruto sighed.

He didn't want to see his comrades hurt, his mind kept on telling him. But, somehow Naruto knew that his friends could take care of themselves.

"Fine. " Naruto utters in acceptance.

.
.
.

Passing the village and villagers Naruto and group found themselves before a grand tower that had been built directly in the center of the village. This building laid home to the Hokage.

"So, Naruto who is this Tsunade character?" Nanao questioned the blonde captain.

"She's the village's leader and protector. You know before I ascended into the Soul Society it had been my dream to accomplish the dream of being Hokage. " Both Captain and Lieutenant looked sorrow filled.

"I'm sorry, Captain. "

"Don't be. I'm already over it. "

Both soul reapers knew better, though. It was just like the blonde captain to keep his emotions bottled up.

Unbeknownst, to the group of soul reapers the group that tagged along also heard Naruto's reply. They didn't know what to say. Seeing their number one knuckled head ninja again was like a shock to their systems. It was more shocking to see the blonde acting more confidently. All they knew about him was the genin Naruto, the dead last.