Chapter Eight

Naruto couldn't help the feelings that were overflowing his person at the moment.

His last minute in this world was when he had died. Passing his dream to be Hokage on to his trusted friend.

The memory was fresh within his mind. It only seemed like a day ago that he had rescued his friend.

"Why?" Sasuke said with a tone of defeat.

"It was the only way. I couldn't hurt you. " Naruto honestly replied.

"Damn it- Naruto!!"

"Please take care of everyone. "

"Naruto your not dying. "

"Teme..."

"Captain Uzumaki?"

He could hear the other Captain present. Shaking his thoughts from the memories.

He glanced at Shunsui. "I'm fine. We should scout the border of the Hidden Leaf. Covering our basis. "

"Sounds good, Captain. "

The next few hours were spent scouting the borders of the village un noticed.

This world was different from the real world. Chakra made  it possible for others to see them. To see the soul reapers that usually remained oblivious to the eye.

Naruto was currently kneeling on a thick branch.

He remembered where he was. It was a training ground. The place where he had spent most of his time as a ninja.

"Sakura, we need to get stronger. "
Naruto's attention shot to the male voice ahead. How utterly careless he was.

He didn't move.

"I should have been more clear headed. If I had been Naruto would have lived. " Naruto was taken aback at the changed manner within his friend. He hadn't remembered this side to the Raven-haired Uchiha. He continued to listen on.

" It's only thanks to Kakashi-Sensei that I could take back the Genin rank and make my way to - Did you hear that?"

A loud screeching noise echoed through the air. "What is this ominous chakra?"

Naruto had a firm grip on his Zanpaukto. It was a Hallow.

"Sakura we need to run back. Report to Tsunade. "

"But, Sasuke. "

"Now, Sakura we don't have-" the next second a creature of black with a decorative white mask appeared mere inches behind Sakura. The Hallow had picked her up.

"Aahhhh!!!"

"Sakura!!!!"

It took only a second before a streak of yellow appeared slashing the arm of the Hallow off. Sakura fell to the ground, but Naruto had caught her.

"Hallow. Where is Aizen. If you tell me I promise you a quick death. " the Hallow answered with a loud screech. "You could have answered. "

Naruto leapt up in the air slashing his Zanpaukto straight down the middle. The Hallow vanished in little light particles. The corrupted soul now pure and ascending to the Soul Society.  

He sheathed his Zanpaukto. Only to hear gasps.

"Naruto?" 

Author's Note: So by now you guys probably hate me for leaving it at a cliffhanger. I'm so sorry. Also, I know I suck at writing action scenes I'm trying my best, though. Please leave a comment at the bottom because I would love to hear what you thought of this chapter. Also don't forget to vote.