Chapter 6

Pic of Adult Alexander...

The last thing I needed was Alex hovering over me every three seconds. I was tired of the drama that came with my life and I just wanted some peace. Sometimes I think it would have been better to have killed him or let him kill me. But I digress.

Non stop, his attention has been focused on me. Clothes, notes, dates. The average person might shun me for being so heartless. But I did not care. Let me repeat: I do not care. Rape is fucking heartless. Pain is heartless. Anger is heartless and that's all he gave me. I have done my begging and I am completely resigned to the fact that I, without he shadow of a doubt, would kill Alexander Carter. But then again, that's if he would stop treating me like some high priced courtesan. It's been weeks of flowers, chocolates, and love letters. I throw away the food, burn the flowers, and put the letters in a box. I want to burn those in the front of his face before I kill him. Oh yeah, I am going to tear him apart.

Right now, we are in the dining hall. Candlelight. Soft music. Romantic setting by a balcony. It all looks like something out of a fairytale.

"So how was your day?" He cut into his steak and brought the meat against his lips before he started to chew.

My gaze was fixed in my plate like a wounded child's. I glanced at his plate and hummed showing my acknowledgement before turning my eyes back to their original position. I haven't really touched much food, but I keep my strength up.

"Damien, I'm trying. I really am love." His eyes were glossy as he bit his lip. "I know I fucked up. I know that more than anything. But please. Even a dog needs his bone right?"

Is he serious right now? The only thing I want to do right now is get as far away from him as possible. But the security around here is so tight. A rat got shot the other day in passing. The only way to get around him is through him. But I can't risk it. I can't risk old memories resurfacing. I can't risk feelings getting in the way. I must admit that I have has very close calls when it came to watching Alexander. Just seeing the changes in his body. The man he's become turns me on, no doubt. I just have to stay focused. I made that mistake years ago, I can't make it again.

"Can I please be excused?"

He looked crestfallen at my words. "Yes, you may." He looked down into his food, probably turned off by the idea of eating now.

I walked to my room and closed the door behind me. If it is a romance he wants, it is a romance he will get. I waited until everything quieted down and padded to his room with a pillow in hand. I had foregone knocking and he looked bewildered to see me in his doorway.

"I don't want to sleep alone tonight," my tentative whisper had him on his feet in seconds.

Threading my fingers through his made him jolt as I led him back to my room. It was the first night of his false "progress." Small smiles and seductive looks eased the tension he had over the next few weeks. My smiles were genuine as I thought about his face when he realized my true intentions. Everything was falling into place, he trusted me more. And I took my time, I recovered and started walking about. Every inch of his place was committed to memory. My plan would be carried out soon enough and I would be back in my father's house soon.

As I sat on the bed in his room, I took in his scent. It was the only thing that had not changed about him. He always smelled the same. His body filled out, his voice got deeper,  but he always smelled the same. And I cried. Because had he not been such an idiot at the beginning,  I would have given myself to him. I wanted to ensure his safety and I never had the gall to have another lover after him. It was always about him. And I know that I am certainly screwed. Because as I plan his death and my escape, these past few weeks have been wonderful regardless of my intentions. His smiles and touches were heavenly. And for once, it felt so good to have the person you want the most holding you.