Chapter 6

Hello comrades, I'm having a great time in the UK with my friends
Connor/Doctor1661
Brandon/The_Ghost_Rider
Xavier/-Torch-
Enjoy!

It was getting to the point where they had no way to hide it anymore. They decided to just come clean and not wait any longer. It had been hard to hide the pregnancy for the previous two months, but it was getting too hard. They just could not do it any longer; admitting the truth seemed like it would have a better outcome.

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" Eren asked, ghosting a hand over Mikasa's cheek. She smiled lightly and nodded the best she could as they lay facing one another. "If it means I can stay with you, we can tell them."

She trusted him all the way. She always had. When he had told her what he had negotiated with Levi, she trusted that Eren knew what he was doing. She did not want to trust Levi, but if he was going to help Eren and if Eren trusted him, she would trust Eren's instincts.

She had one hand unconsciously draped over her swollen abdomen. The baby was calm at the moment, but it was still comforting. Her other hand was laced with one of Eren's in between them. His free hand reached out and lightly lay atop hers. He smiled at her; she reciprocated the gesture. His eyes trailed down to her belly.

He still had a hard time believing that their child was growing in there. It might not have been a good time for such an occurrence, but part of him was happy that it happened. He loved Mikasa. She was all that he had left and this baby...it was proof of their love.

Suddenly, a little thump happened right underneath their palms. He smiled wider. He let go of her hands and scooted down in front of where their child resided.

She smiled at his excitement. It had been a while since she had seen him so happy. She pulled herself up into a sitting position to give him better access to their baby. He sat up as well and sat on his feet, leaning over her swollen stomach. His hands lightly touched as he put his ear up next to the stretched skin. Disappointed he didn't hear anything, he instead settled for talking to his unborn child.

Mikasa smiled as Eren softly spoke to her growing belly. She ran her hands through his hair and watched blissfully as he seemed to let the world around him disappear. He spoke about how much he would love the child; how he would do whatever he could to make sure it grew up in a world without worry of an oncoming Titan attack; how he and its "mommy" would do whatever they could to make it happy. She felt a smirk grace upon her lips as she continued to watch him speak to their baby. In between different promises, he would reach down and press his lips against the swell.

After it seemed he had said his piece, he pulled himself away from her abdomen and crawled up next to her. He embraced her in a hug. "Thank you, Mikasa."

"Huh?" She asked, pulling away. What was he thanking her for? She blinked and waited for him to answer. Instead, he shook his head; he then went onto wrapping his arms around her again. "Thank you."

She decided not to question it. She would just appreciate the moment while it lasted because at that time, she truly felt happy.

Of course, it could not last long. In the morning, she and Armin were going to confess of her pregnancy. And as much as she trusted Eren, she had no clue of what was going to happen after she came clean. So for the time being, she decided to bask in the moment and enjoy her time with Eren while it lasted.