Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Axel's POV

"Jesus fucking Christ Axel! Get the hell up!" I heard Van snap irritably through the haze of my mind.

I twitched, trying to roll over onto my side. I was lying on something really hard, stiff and bony and it was poking into my back. A groan escaped me. Not the sexy kind, but the kind that you make after you wake up and don't want to get up. Which is exactly the position I was in.

I heard Van saying something else, but I didn't catch onto it as I opened my eyes. It was too fucking bright. I blinked repeatedly as I tried to adjust myself to the lighting of the forest around me.

Eventually, my eyes got used to it and I focused on the long auburn hair hanging inches above my face and the face that went along with it. I wrinkled my nose as a bit of it brushed over my face. It was tickly.

"Van?" I muttered, my voice husky. My throat was a little sore, but it was healing itself. Why was it sore? Had I been howling?

"Oh now you wake up!" he rolled his eyes, passing me a water bottle and a pair of shorts.

I pushed myself up, taking a swig after clumsily tugging the shorts on. Looking behind me, I realized the bony things I was lying on were Van's knees.

It took me a moment to orient myself. Why was I was on the floor of the forest near the pack house?

"What just happened?"

Van huffed at me.

"You let Alex take over," Van's annoyance was heavy and clear. 

My eyes widened. "Wait, what? Where's Oliver?" I asked, looking around myself hurriedly, trying to find my mate. I looked up at the window where my bedroom was, wanting to immediately head over. 

Immediately, everything rushed back to me. I blanched. Oliver took a shower, his scent was so warm and soft, I pushed Oliver down, Oliver got scared of me—

My lips parted as I stared at my bedroom window in horror. Oliver was scared of me. He'd— I hadn't— I felt like throwing up. How could he think that I—

"Axel!" Van snapped. I startled and stared at him, an unbearable pain in my chest. His face softened when he saw the look on my face. 

"Van, he's—" I felt sick. I couldn't find the words. "Does he really think I'm the type of person to—"

Van sighed. "I talked to him a bit," he tried to soothe. "You definitely startled him there, Axel. I didn't know how to play it off, so he's probably going to think you have DID or something."

"DID?" I frowned.

"Dissociative Identity Disorder."

I gaped. "You told him I was a crazy person?!"

"Don't say that," Van scolded. "DID doesn't make you crazy person. But anyways, what else was I supposed to say?" he demanded.

"I... " Well, he had a point, but I still wasn't happy about it. Van ignored my sulking. 

"What are you going to say to him?" Van asked. 

I looked down at the grass underneath me. I didn't know what to say. How did I explain that his scent made my wolf rise and take over?