Real Love

"Corbin. Corbin. Wake up. That's it!" I say to him. 

We brought him back to Hogwarts and I've fought really hard to not have him sent to Azkaban. They've overruled his sentence saying that he was just protecting himself. I know better. He's running away from himself, from his failures. Just like me when I was young. I couldn't do it myself then and he can't do it all on his own, either.

He moans, sitting up on his cot. His head is bandaged from our duel. I'm rather impressed by the light double spell he created. That's invaluable for defence and I wonder if the Aurors could learn it. 

"Why'd you bring me back?" Corbin grumbles.

"They need you. A lot more than you know. And you need them even more. Voldemort wanted me to be isolated when I fought him. When I was with my friends, it was fine. On my own, I was a wreck. Just like you and we're a lot alike. The only thing is that no-one expected great things of you. I was given so much responsibility so young. You took up this responsibility on your own," I tell him.

"I wish that I was a normal boy. I wish I'd never met Heather! I wish I'd never moved to this place! I want to be a muggle!" Corbin shouts.

"You can't be something that you're not, so stop trying to be!" Corbin turns and sees Bianca as she enters with a look of sadness and anger in her eyes. She walks over to Corbin and punches him in the face. 

"You jerk! Where did you go?" She shouts.

"It's good to see you too, Bianca. How was the dance?" He asks with a groan.

"It was fine," she pouts huffily. 

"You looked pretty good," Corbin says with a laugh. 

***

I can't help myself. I start to sob unashamedly and Corbin stands up shakily to hold me. He's crying too. 

"I'm so sorry Bianca. I wanted to come back so badly but I couldn't. I wanted you to be safe!"

"Shut up, Corbin!" I laugh through my tears, "don't make any excuses. You're crazy."

I hold onto him like I never want him to go and he does the same. I know that he was doing all of this for me. He was growing up for me, taking stress for me, being a fugitive for me. I didn't want him to go again. Ever. I wished that I could hold him this way, forever in a moment. 

Harry's left the room but I don't care. Rose and Albus and Lily and James and Fred come running in, laughing and talking excitedly.

"Corbin! You idiot!" Rose shouts, slapping him, "Why'd you run away?"

"Easy sis! He's been already knocked out, can't you see the bandages!" Fred jokes.

"You guys, I've missed you too much. How are you?" Corbin asks through his giggles.

"We were worried that once our dad caught you, you'd go to Azkaban. But you didn't really do anything bad. You might have broken out Heather but Dad says you were thinking like an Auror," Lily replies.

"Next thing you know, I'll be the youngest Auror, eh?" Corbin jokes.

"So will you be staying?" Albus asks.

"Of course. I need you guys and this school needs the Army again, I'm not going anywhere," he says.

***

School has been pretty normal since I got back. I don't know where Aleamort went and I don't care. The longer he's away, the more time we have to train. My book of non-lethal combat spells has been written and copied for all D. A. D. A. students. It's all really new to me. I know that there's a lot of stuff to still learn. I don't know a lot of basic spells so there's that and I want people to create their own spells. But I'm not worried about the Army either. They're really good and I'm sure they'll get better as the years go on. It's actually the last day of school before the summer. I'm going back to see my family too! 

"Corbin!" Bianca calls.

I turn and give her a big smile, "Are you ready to go?" 

"Yeah, let's hurry. The train will be leaving soon!" She says laughing. 

It's like we're kids. Well I guess we are just first years.

Oh my goodness! It's finished! It's been great to write this story and if you enjoyed it, read some of my other stuff! I'm really excited to share the next part of the Muggleborn Series, Auror. I can't wait for you guys to read it! Until then, thanks to all the people who made it to the end to read this! You are truly a champion and as thanks I'll let you guys

This link is to a playlist of all the music that I listened to during the making of this story, ENJOY!

https://open.spotify.com/user/1111297813/playlist/06POlDESnh1Yru9qyGDRj4