Point of View

*Note: this chapter takes place over the period of time that Lily disappeared and is told from Aleamort's POV. He'll be added to the roster of narrative POVs.

I did it. Let the Potters rot and squirm in despair while I plan the next part of my plot. That annoying Lily Potter is a handful at the best of times, making threats about my father's killer finding me. She's currently knocked out after the bout of torture she tried to endure. I don't want to kill her yet though. Her duelist friend has been a major problem for me. He's just too good at spells and he's too creative with them.
I need to dispose of him and I'm about to go out to capture him but decide against it. I think it's best to let them wait it out until the holidays. It's better to have them fear. Those damn prefects have been one the lookout for me as it is so its best to wait. Revenge is sweet when you crave it for so long. Longer. Just a little longer. Lily groans and I turn to look over at her as she wakes up.
"Your friends aren't coming for you," I chuckle.
"You keep telling me that. Can't you be more original?" She retorts.
She's smart. Really smart. Just like Hermione, that witch. I look up at her and materialise food for her to eat.
I've never had anyone to talk to except for my caretaker. He never gave me his name and he never allowed me to speak to him.
"Why don't you just kill me?" Lily asks as she takes a bite of bread.
"I want make sure that people are afraid. Of what I can do. Of what I have power to do," I say.
"You hurt my friend, Bianca. Do you think that Corbin will be happy about that?" She asked.
"He's a good duelist," I admit begrudgingly and then flick my wand. A chain drags Lily to the wall and a second suspends her above me on the wall.
"Y-you won't beat my dad... or... Corbin... you're we..." she doesn't finish as I knock her out in anger. Damn her and her faith in friends. What makes her think that they'll win against me. They don't know where Lily is and I have the power to kill her. I really want to as well.
"Aleamort," Heather says as she enters the chamber.
"Heather, it took you long enough to come back."
"Escaping from class is pretty hard for me, ok? Besides what have you been doing up here? I'm doing all the work here!"
"Don't blame me! I can't walk around the school casually! In case you haven't noticed I'm wanted because of her," I say as I jerk my thumb at Lily.
"Does she still believe that Corbin will save her?" Heather laughs.
"No, she believes that her father will rescue her," I mutter.
"Ah we need to give Corbin a reason to rescue her!" Heather spits.
"No. You won't. He'll come eventually hopefully with what I have planned. I need to get him away before I kill the rest of them," I say.
"Can't you use the mind control spell?" Heather inquires.
"He's protected his mind with training from Harry Potter. I need to lure him away from the rest of their group. Let Hogwarts remain in fear for now of what we can do," I reply.

Three months later

"What do you mean you're on holiday, Heather?" Aleamort snarls.
"I have a family and it's close to Christmas. My mum and dad are getting me a laptop!" Heather protests.
I open my eyes a bit but my left eye is caked in blood from the gash from my latest torture session. I've been waiting for months now and nobody knows where we are. I don't even know. This must be one of Hogwarts secret rooms. It must be the Christmas holidays as Heather and Aleamort had argued.
"You can't stop me!" Heather snapped as turned around and left.
I groan and Aleamort turned. He seemed almost happy to see me but then he turned away.
"Enjoy your nap?" He asked.
"I thought that I saw a light," I say sarcastically knowing how much he doesn't want me to die.
"You're irony is wasted on me. It was bad the first couple times but now it's boring. I'm done with your jokes," he moaned wearily. I'll release you tomorrow after the school is empty of students. It'll be easier for me to move around that way with all the students gone." He explains.
"Why release me?" I ask.
"They're going to fear me because of what I'll do to you. It's a calculated risk of course because you know of Heather. Silly girl. She just hates Corbin and Bianca but doesn't realise that she's disposable to me. Now for one last torture session. This will hurt a lot more than the last one," he threatens.
I watch as he takes out his wand and pushes it into my side. It's his favourite technique. He just pokes me like a dead animal. Stepping back he shouts, "Sectumsempra!"
Cuts fill me body and I scream. He pours water over me and then moves to my wrist. Waving his wand, he starts to carve with magic, the words, "what do you love?"
The pain is so much that I black out.
When I wake next. I'm in the owlery and my dad is standing over me, and his tears drip into my cuts.