Diagon Alley

It sounds so sleazy. I think to myself nervously. The Cauldron is filled with all sorts of weird people. I go up to the counter and ask how to get to Diagon Alley and she pulls out a wand to aim at the wall. She flicks it and the entrance to the Alley opens. I step through with my backpack hanging from one shoulder. If only Aidan could see me now, he'd be really jealous.
I proceed down the road looking for Flourish and Blots so I can get my books. There's a queue out the door so I line up. When I get to the counter I run into a girl with dark hair and she drops a bundle of different reads, most of which aren't in the curriculum. I help her pick them up and put them back in her arms.
"Thanks," the girl said cheerfully.
"You're welcome," I reply, taken aback by her carefree manner.
"Ah'm Bianca, what's yoor name?"
"I'm Corbin, it's nice to meet you and I'm sorry that I made you drop your books."
"It's fine," she says as she skips away.
"Year 1 books, please," I ask.

***

I head out of the shop and put my books in my bag. I can't wait to read all of these.
That boy in the shop, Corbin, I think it was, seems very nice and gentle. He's just as new to this thing as I am, I think. Oh well I'll see him around. I continue up the road to Olivander's Wand Shop.
I enter and tell him that I wish to choose a wand.
"The wand chooses the wizard, dear."
I try out a few before I come to a conclusion. It glows at the end to show that it's my wand.
"Ah Unicorn horn shavings with Oakwood. Roc blood liquid core for the flexible witch or wizard."
"Hey Bianca," Corbin says from behind me. I spin around and point my wand at him.
"Ha! What do you think?"
"I like it," he says, "It suits you."
"Thanks," I say.
"No need to blush, Bianca," he giggles. Oh boy, I'm blushing now. Can't the romance wait for when we're in school?
"I'll be going now. Lots to do you know!" I say as I dash off.

***

I like her. She's really funny and I have to laugh at her antics. Hopefully we'll be in the same house class that I keep hearing about.
"Well, Mr Miles, how may I help you?" Olivander asks.
"I need a wand," I state.
"Of course, of course," he says smiling.
He brings out a wand.
"This one is a rare one made from Phoenix feather and laced with horn shavings of a Kirin. A wand of fine craftsmanship."
I take it and way it. The tip glows and there's several gusts of wind.
Mr. Olivander looks even more surprised than me.
"You are a very special boy," he whispers, "one day you'll be very strong but respect your strength. It can hurt others."
I nod knowing the gravity in his voice isn't empty.
"Farewell, Mr Miles," he says as I head for the door.