Skye

I'm fed up of Aleamort! He said that I could kill Corbin if I helped him but it's the winter holidays now! I'm sitting in my room looking at my laptop and typing to a friend who knows what happened with Corbin. He's practically disappeared off the face of the earth while he's at Hogwarts. I see that he's active though. Hogwarts doesn't have wifi so where is he that he access to it? It can't be in the wizarding world. I hate messaging him in light of what happened but decide to do it.
Hi.
No response but he's seen it.
I'm expecting hi or something like that but he doesn't reply and it says offline.
It's not like him to patch me. He's always trying to make up for his mistakes. It doesn't matter to me that much. It's Christmas Eve and we're having family around. My parents told me not to tell them that I'm magical so I'm lying to their faces. I close down the browser window and see an old file on the desktop. Opening it I find an old story that Corbin and I wrote so many years ago. We were innocent friends back then and we had adventures. We used to play under an old willow tree that created a perfect dome to sit under. It was a lot of fun. I remember one time when the flowers were blooming and he stuck one in my hair for fun.
I wanted to be called Katniss in the game we were playing but he laughed and told me I was copying the Hunger Games. There was another time where I showed him the obstacle course. We were so small that we had to work together to finish it. Then pressure took over. People said we should go out. We didn't know any better. But the more he cared the more protective he became. That's what Bianca doesn't know. He'll get protective about her and do what ever he can to keep her out of "danger."
I shut it down. What we had is done. I don't want to care anymore and I've forgiven him. We just don't get along.

***

I can't comprehend why she'd do it. I'm of two minds. Heather's with him but ever since Bianca and I started to go out I haven't really cared about it. I'm not angry anymore at her but I am now. She's in league with him!
"Corbin?" Lily asks.
I turn. Her wounds are pretty bad but she's out of danger. This is the worst Christmas so far. My old childhood friend is in league with Aleamort and my relationship with Bianca has been strained by this whole thing. I'm terrified that we'll fall apart and I've been telling her that I'm fine so she won't worry when I should be honest. I'm worried about everyone here and it's Christmas Eve! I've gotten the gifts. I've helped decorate the house. I'm helping with Lily now.
"Yeah?" I reply.
"Are you worried?" She asks.
"Yeah, it's pretty easy to see isn't it?" I laugh.
"Yup. I hope that I'll be out of this wheelchair by the time that we go back to Hogwarts," she says.
"I really want to tell Bianca how I've actually been. I've been saying fine all the time but I'm scared now," I mutter.
"It's Christmas Eve so you might as well enjoy it," she says smiling. Her hair is done up in two pigtails with red bows in them. The colour of blood. So much of it spilled.
"Heather's on Facebook," she points out to me as I look at the laptop in my lap.
Hi.
I ignore it and close the computer. She doesn't deserve to be talked to. She's helping Lily's kidnapper and I can't even help feeling angry. I'll leave her for Lily though. It's not up to me to best Heather.
"How long till dinner is ready?" I inquire.
"Nearly!" Fred responds as he waltzes into the room wearing a red jumper.
"Where's Bianca?" I ask.
"Still getting changed," Rose answers coming in just behind her brother.
"I'll never understand it," Albus says as he enters, "why does it take so long for girls to get dressed up?"
"Cause we like to look our best for you," Rose says as she kisses him on the cheek.
James comes in and just sits down.
"Can you smell the apple pie?" He asks taking a deep breath through his nose.
"It's a great smell," Bianca smiles as she enters the room.
Woah. She's beautiful and I must be blushing because Fred goes, "woooooo," noises and Lily laughs.
She wearing a red dress and sneakers. I don't know how she manages it but she does and she is amazing. Her hair is natural and I like it that way.
"What do you think," she asks blushing.
"I think that you look great," I say blushing just as much.
"Dinner's ready!" Ron calls from the kitchen.
I take Bianca's hand in mine and we walk towards the dining room together.