Quidditch, War and Relationships

I put on my Quidditch Gear and look over to where the team captain and seeker, Simon Golddrake and Lola Pennyworth, are discussing strategy.

"Go aggressive. Send in the Beaters first to catch them off guard and then push in from underneath with the Chasers. It'll be easy that way. Ravenclaw can't deal with that," Simon explains. 

"I agree, they'll try to overthink it as usual. Their leader, Amy Scarlet is a good strategist but we have the element of surprise with the simple tactics," Lola agrees. 

We walk out onto the pitch and I look up into the audience. There's Lily and Fred and James but no Corbin. I haven't seen him since he came back from looking for Heather, drenched in sweat and worn out. He dismissed me and started to trudge towards the school. When we arrived at the school, Corbin promptly walked to the Headmaster and left with her. I asked Rose about him but she's seen him hardly at all. The only time I even hear that he's seen is in the Room of Requirement but whenever I go in to practice he's gone. He's stopped coming to classes and dinner as well. 

"Brooms up!" The Ref calls as we take off. 

I'm a Chaser so we dive down underneath just like Allan set up. The Quaffle flies at me and I catch it. The familiar rush of wind blows past the side of my head as a Bludger misses me by an inch. Turning around, I see that Ravenclaw has flown straight at our goals. 

"What are they doing?" I call to my teammate, Zoe Swannsong. 

She shrugs and I decide to continue my course towards the goal. Too late, I realize what they're doing as a pair of Chasers snatch the ball from me. The whole goal was to attack from behind. There's nothing that we can do as they head back. We put all of our energy into a frontal assault and so all of the team except the Keeper is on the other side of the field. It's an easy goal for them. 

"Ten Points to Ravenclaw!" The announcer shouts. 

Allan flies past us, signaling to just play on. After about an hour or so Ravenclaw have seventy point while we have ten. Both Seekers have spotted the Snitch and are chasing it down. Ross looks determined as he crouches lower over his broom. I have possession of the Quaffle and send it to Allan who scores us another goal. Suddenly a roar goes up. I look and see Ross holding the Golden Snitch. 

"The game goes to Gryffindor in spectacular fashion! Well done!" 

We land and the team celebrates. I wish Corbin was here but we won so that's what matters. I head back into the changing room and change back into my uniform. As I'm leaving I hear clapping from behind me. 

"Good job!" Corbin says. 

"Corbin! Where have you been? I've been so worried..." 

"I've been organizing the army. How are your classes going?" He asks. 

"How are my classes? How are my classes!?" I snap, "that's all you can ask me? Not, how are you holding up, Bianca? I'm sorry for disappearing for so long, Bianca! No don't even say it!" I'm fairly screaming now. 

He just stands there and looks at me. 

"Bianca, I can't do anything about it. Aleamort-," he starts. 

"Aleamort isn't important. Other people are! You're destroying your relationships! I want the Corbin I know back!" I cry. 

Corbin looks away and then back at me. 

"I'm sorry, Bianca, but I can't stop till Aleamort is dead."

"That's all you care about," I point out.

"All my life I've been powerless to help anyone but now..."

***

What am I supposed to say to her? She looks so broken right now and I'm helpless again. 

"Let me teach you how to dance, let me lead you to the floor,"  I start to no avail.

She walks off and suddenly I'm alone with my thoughts. Does she understand what I have to do? I've got to be invincible now. There's nothing that I can do.