The Unforgivable Thing You Did

I'm running aimlessly back up the track with my head feeling as foggy as my surroundings. Aleamort attacked the train! I can't even believe it! Why would he do that? I'm still helping him, that is if I don't get expelled because of Corbin. I don't even know why he makes me feel so bad. Every time I see him he's always laughing and being happy. Until someone messes with his friends. Then he becomes someone different. That's why I can't forgive him for it. I'd have to ask him to change who he is. He so brutally honest that I can't do anything. He only takes the sides of the people in the right and that's annoying, He's so black and white. I bet he'll come after me too. I can just see him running down the tracks now to catch up. But I'm in the wrong so he won't. He'll just leave me alone. I trip and fall to my knees, sobbing uncontrollably. I wish I'd never come to this school.

"Heather!" I hear a voice call. It isn't Corbin.

"Danielle!" I call to let her know where I am. 

She runs over and picks me up.

"Are you ok?" she asks with concern written on her face.

"NO!" I shout as she backs up.

"HEATHER!"

My head snaps up at the sound of Corbin's voice. I'm going to kill him for what he's done and I don't care if it puts me in Azkaban. I stand up and scream into the fog, "Bombardo!" 

***

I dodge out of the way as blasts explode around me. Her ferocious flurry of attacks won't let me defend myself or fight back. I don't want to kill her so I try to get close enough to disarm her physically. Danielle's there too, and I don't want to hurt her. Heather might end up hitting her if I'm not careful. I sprint forward and slid to take out Heather's knees. I just bounce off of them and suddenly I'm staring down the end of her wand. I roll and shout, "Sectumsempra!" 

It slices into her leg and she drops to the ground, screaming. Danielle looks horrified at me, I look at her and the gravity of what I've done hits. I'm no better than her. 

"I hate you! If I'm not going to Azkaban, I'll be expelled!" Heather growls.

"I'll be at least suspended," I reply, "either way we're both doomed to this unless we put this all behind us. I can heal that leg and then we can go back. We'll obliviate them all and nothing will have happened except that Aleamort attacked the train."

"No! I won't help you cover up your mistake," Heather snapped.

"Stop it, both of you!" Danielle interrupts.

We're silent for a moment and suddenly I hear, CREEEEEE.

Heather looks up and shouts a spell I don't know. She disappears and the serpent flies overhead. There's no doubt in my mind that she's on it. I look at Danielle and she looks back at me. We both know that we can't tell them what happened for Heather's sake. She's going to be a wanted criminal now.