"Oh, I've gone on too long, haven't I? I must be boring you with old information. In that case, I'll be on my way. Auf Wiedersehen!"

As he bid me adieu in my home language, he turned. It looked as if he was about to jump into the trees. Though impossible it would have been, I wouldn't put it past him, the one who somehow murdered a group of men and women all at once without moving his body at all. However, I didn't let myself see him in the act before I called out to him.

"W-wait!"

Just before he made a move to leave, he reluctantly stood straight. He didn't bother to face me as he put his hands in the pockets of his garments that, now that I took a good look at them, seemed outlandish. He sighed, then curled his entire body back. He still stood on his feet, but he bended his body backwards so that he could see me without moving. Surely, his vision was upside down because of this.

"So the little man calls out in curiosity. I knew this would happen. I step in, being heroic and whatnot, saving an old friend, and what do they do? Insist I do more, insist that I tell them more, blah blah blah. Well, whatever. You know, it's actually kind of relieving, not having to act like you have a stick up your ass. I hate being formal, always sitting up straight... You'd think that a beast like me would have to please people by acting like a-"

My strange look had gotten to him. He was rambling on and on about things I didn't care to hear. I had said only one word to him, yet he took it to a whole other level. What caused him to speak like that, I had no idea, but I wanted to find out. However, I knew priorities had to be set and practiced.

As he straightened himself, then turned to face me, I gathered my thoughts and tried not to look intimidated by him.

"I never shut up, do I? Well, you seem pretty confused there. Yeah, I had to act formal all the time. What of it? A beast can't be held by restrictions?"

"No, I just... I was curious as to why you had to act formal..."

It was true. I hadn't thought about it until he made mention of it, but he did make mention of having to act formally a lot. If you were a villager, or anything under that, for that matter, you were not required to act formal in any way. There were many people who were "rough and tough", as they liked to call themselves. They'd even developed a new name for themselves. I don't remember what they said, but it had something to do with the color red.

At my questioning statement, his eyes widened. Not out of fear, but out of realization. That's what it looked like to me, at least. He mumbled under his breath, but I heard, though barely.

"Shit... I've said too much. I can't let him know..."

As if on queue, Isabel's eyes fluttered open. She groaned slightly, but smiled when she saw me. She didn't say anything. I gave her a look, one that hopefully told her we were safe for now, and her smile widened in response. However, when she looked at the killer, her eyes widened and she jumped out of my arms and hid behind me.

"Th-that's him! That's the man I saw a while back! He's gonna kill you, we have to run!"

"It's alright," I started. I wanted to comfort her. She was so scared, I could feel her trembling against my back. "He... he actually saved us. Look around you... the men's bodies litter the ground, all with the same wound as the man we found before in the woods."

A moment of silence passed. She seemed to understand, softly whispering to herself in amazement. As relieved as I was to see her alive, and that this killer helped us, even saved us, I needed to know why he was so apprehensive.

"So, you beast, you've said too much, have you? What can't I know?"

"What makes you think I have to tell you? I can just kill you."

"But I know you wouldn't do that. You're too open around me, too... willing. You saved my comrade and I from certain death over something you committed. Now, why would you do that? But enough of petty questions. You are not recognizable as anyone from the manorial system. Who on earth would be content with your presence and not kill you? Furthermore, who would request you act like royalty when, clearly-"

When my eyes widened, so did his, even further than before. They blazed with anger, or some form of regret. Everything was starting to line up, and it was likely worrying the killer. If he had to act like that, it was likely to please someone. But nobody would keep his presence a secret, no, they would either kill him or be killed. This means that said person hasn't been killed yet, and demands respect. And there was nobody who fit the description more than one particular person...

"Alright, dammit, you've caught me! I know you're figured it out by now... I can't believe I let it slip so easily. I didn't think that something so small would cause a revelation..."

I waited, anxious in anticipation. He knew just as well as I did that there was only one explanation to this whole situation. As much as I was horrified by at, and as much as I wished it weren't so, we both knew it was true. Even Isabel had to have guessed it by now.

"Tch..." Anger plastered his face, and he looked off in another direction.

"It's true. I have the prince in captivity."