Chapter 6

[A/N] So, yeah, just a little filler for now. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Hope the holidays are wonderful towards you, and that Christmas is beyond wonderful!

"Rufen Sie mich nicht dass! Jetzt raus aus meinem studie!"

That's what I'd said to him. I was angry. I was heartbroken. I was confused. I was so many things at once, and yet I let the most unpleasant one escape my lips in the form of words. I'd just wanted an explanation, a reason, something...

Why was I angry? The answer is a little too simple, to be honest. I just wanted Levi to remember... to remember all of the good times we shared when we were little. He was beginning to treat me as solely a prince instead of his friend, and it upset me. We used to always play together, despite how childish it was to him, being fourteen when I was only nine. He never seemed to mind, though. No matter what I'd wanted to do, he would always either let me do it or do it with me.

Even now, they're my happiest memories. We were so close then... So very close, and happy... where have those times gone? Have they all washed away? Are they so far out of reach that there's no hope or even will to recover them? Are they really that... meaningless to him?

As thoughts swirled around my head, I sat down in the chair facing my study's desk. I let my hands hold my heavy head as I contemplated what I had just done. Would this feeling leave a permanent imprint on my heart? I certainly hoped not, but how I was feeling told me otherwise. I was so emotional, and over something so silly...

At the same time, I wondered about Levi. How did he feel about this whole thing? He left without saying a word to me after I yelled at him. I mean, I would have given him a similar treatment had our roles been reversed, but to have it done to you... it hurts worse than you'd think.

I paced around my study, lost in thought. There were so many things swirling around my head at once, and it was hard to manage all of them without losing my mind. I found it difficult to calm myself down after being so angry at Levi, despite the fact that I knew it wasn't good to constantly be angry. Of course, how could I calm down when someone so important to you disregards your shared memories as if they were meaningless items to be thrown away?

Honestly, I felt insanely childish. I had gotten angry at him, so angry that I belted out angry German at him. What kind of a prince was I if I couldn't keep a level head over something so trivial?

I soon heard a knock on my door. I flinched slightly, but nonetheless responded to the knock.

"Was ist Ihr Unternehmen hier?"

I could hear the person on the other end of the door take a breath, as if bracing themselves. No, they weren't a loud breather or anything ridiculous like that. I just have heightened senses compared to the rest of the manor. It was strange, to be honest, but it came in very handy sometimes.

"Jemand ist hier, um Sie zu sehen..."

"Ach wirklich? Die Gäste in dieser Stunde?"

"Ich weiß, es ist ziemlich seltsam. Aber er sagt, dass er hier ist auf Dienstreise."

On business? I mean, that makes sense, seeing as it's sort of against the rules for a civilian to just show up at the royal manner, but who in their right mind has business to attend to at this hour? It's dusk, for god's sake! I wish this servant would have rejected his entry, but word would catch, and rumors would be spread concerning how I don't like people in my manor. Though honestly, it's true.

"Ich denke, es kann nicht geholfen werden. Ich werde mit ihnen in Kürze."

"Ja, mein Prinz."

And with that, the servant was down the hallway. I sighed as I changed into more proper clothes, as I had no idea just who was at the door requesting my presence. If this man would have waited until the morning to do this, it would have been easier. I was ready to go to sleep, but apparently that's never going to happen, what with guests here.

I had finally finished changing. The "proper clothes" I mentioned was, unfortunately, quite regal. A purple, sequined shirt went with black pants, made of the finest material in the land. Black gloves covered my hands and a large, red cape, the stereotypical type, draped off of my shoulders. Finally, the royal crown, passed down this family for generations, was placed upon my head. I hated wearing these clothes, but my late mother always dressed me in a similar fashion when I was to be in front of guests. I haven't been able to break the habit since then.

I departed from my beloved study, where I spent most of my time, to venture downstairs into the main room of the manor. There, we held balls and occasionally a gala or two, but it's been a long time since any of that has been scheduled.  We also held waiting guests here when they needed attention.

As I walked down the long corridor that led to the main stairway, which was the first thing your eyes would see upon entrance to the manor, I passed the walking statue known as Levi. I hadn't wanted to see him. I had forgotten, for a moment, about my little falling-out.

But as we crossed paths, there was silence. Any hint of sound was sucked out of the room, so much so you could hear a pin drop, and, considering the floor is carpeted, that says something.

When I finally made my way to the stairwell, I ventured down them, seeing a familiar face sitting down on the leather chair I most often sat in when I felt opposed to being holed up in my study.

And she did not look happy.