New family, Daddy?

I am going to hold back the attack from the governor by a week so that Meg has enough times to get better but still be a little shaky.

Meg has been slowly getting better. She no longer bleeds from her mouth but still has major coughing fits.

There has been an increase in activity of the governor with people going missing and then us finding them at the fence having been walkerised. Along with the odd flash in colour causing the people on watch to leave the tower to find them before they report back to their leader.

Daryl POV

Meg had been put to bed after having a major coughing fit. After I had forced her medication down her throat after lots of complaining she zonked out. She will sleep for around 12 hours before she will even wake up in order to get her body back to working order. Well that's what Hershel says.

But that was all 2 days ago and I am walking away from my little one rather than towards her. I couldn't save her and she couldn't save herself. "She might be alright" Beth says gripping my arm. I look down at her before ripping my arm away from her grip "I promised her that I would be there and if she goes I'll go." I say before storming away but I can hear Beth following after me.

Meg POV

I woke to the smell of burning flesh and the sound of walkers limping around and growling. I looked around my cell look for dad but came up with nothing. I got up slowly and coughed a little before walking to the cell door.

I slid it open and came face to face with dead walkers and people who have been killed before turning into a walker. I step over them slowly trying my hardest to be quiet until I get a weapon or anything that can help me kill the walkers.

Walking around I come across Dad and i's cell and see daddy's knife and a couple of arrows but nothing else.

I grab the knife and arrows before making my way outside. Once I step outside the sun is blinding, I raise a hand to cover my eyes until they have gotten use to the brightness.

Looking around I see walkers walking and fire's burning but no people. I think out calling for dad but think against it after seeing the amount of walkers.

I spin in circles looking for someone I recognise when I do I run over to them "LUKE" I shout running towards him. He turns at the sound of my voice and I look into the face of a walker "No" I whisper before kicking his knee and then stabbing his head.

I look around again before looking for tracks which might show where someone has gone but come up empty and began my trek through the woods.

I have been walking forever going in nor real direction. All I want is my daddy or someone I know "I'm scared" I say crying and curling up into a ball.

"Meg" Someone whispers and I lift my head to look around "Daddy?" I call out before going back to sleep after finding nothing.

"Come on Meg" It says again and I lift my head to see black boots. Following the body I see dirty brown baggy trousers and a sweat stained white wife beater. "Uncle Merle?" I say getting up and wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Come on now Meg, your daddy didn't raise you to be a coward. Where would daddy go to be safe" He says raising his eye brows I look down at my feet before shrugging

"Nothing hmm" He says before dragging his hand and gripping my arm and pulling my to my feet

"Maybe some cover, a house or something with walls" Merle says before pushing me in a random direction