Chapter Ten - Pinky Promises

Re-written.

"Meridian and Jace are requested at the Principal's office." The same bored voice siad through the speakers. Alba wore a huge grin as she softly elbowed my side.

"Oooh, Jace." I rolled my eyes and flicked my pen at her face before getting from my chair and left the class room.

While walking in the empty corridor I noticed someone following me. A terrible thought that it might me Joanne flashed through my mind but I quickly pushed it away when I thought back to the Principal's words.

"I saw that Joanne has entered the school. Security camera's also show that you had seen her." She said, sadness in it. I nodded heavily. I still wasn't over the fact that my mother has visited me so sweetly.

"Don't worry I banned her from the school. However I think that now is the perfect time for you to leave on the mission. Who knows she might come back and do worse things then just talk." Tell me about it. "So what do you say?" I looked at her.

"I'm leaving."

A low whistle caused me to come back from my memory. "Looking good Meridian." A familiar seductiive voice said.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "I wish I could say the same about you, Cross, unfortunately I can't."

"Feisty as ever." He said as he walked beside me.

"Ignorant as ever."

"Stubborn."

"Jerk."

"Heartless."

"Player."

He stopped then smirked. "I'll take that as a compliment." Jace said as we stopped by the door of the Principal's office.

"Don't," I said before pushing the doors open. 

"Ah, Meridian, Jace. Sit down." We did as she said.

"So, are you ready to leave?"

I nodded as well as stiff Jace. For some reason whenever the Principal was around Jace turned stiff and suspicious which is very silly. "My bags are packed."

"So are mine."

She smiled, tucking her ginger hair behind her ears. "Well then, here are your tickets," She said as she handed them over. "and you still have the file?"

I nodded once again. "Yes, it's in my bag."

"Don't lose it."

I shook my head like an obedient girl.

"Good, now, scurry off and get that mission done. I'll call you when you arrive."

We both nodded silently and left her office before heading to our own rooms. To my surprise I saw Alba tiwrling my pen in her hands.

"Why are your bags packed?" Her voice laced with suspicion.

"I'm leaving."

Her eyes went wide with what I said and she sat up from the bed, stalking towards me. "What? Where? For how long? Why?"

I chuckled. "To New York. For about two months and because I can't tell you."

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Why can't you tell me?"

I leaned in close to her and whispered amusefull in her ear. "I'm going on a mission. With Jace." I added hesitantly the last part.

When I pulled back I saw that familiar smug smirk. "Don't get things wrong. It's because of what happened at the lab that he's coming with me."