Falling to Pieces

Chapter: Snake

They were advancing at speeds like their animal instincts were kicking in. Adrenaline was running clear in my body, I could feel it. My vision was tunneling and my fitness excelled. I didn't care if I was breathing wildly, I didn't notice if I was even wounded. All that mattered was the house.

Jaguar was there waiting for them, all four of them. They fought in a wild frenzy together as her ferocious spirit roared out. I ran into the mess because she was blocking the door. There was a clear shot but in the middle of her fighting mother stood in front of me and I slammed into her firm stance. She stopped me like I was an enemy, we met eyes as she realized and like that her head hit the ground.

I let out a ghastly breath of horror, she was beheaded right in front of me, my own mother. The attackers went right for the door but I shot in before them yelling out more loudly than I had known. "NO!" Lizzy screamed from the moment of panic as I sped into the room, grabbed her and let my back hit the far wall. She was being held closely in my arms, her face against my chest so she couldn't see.

I was at near panic but my mind was focused, ready to defend her and not falling to fear. I took my paralysis dagger out as they approached. I could run out the open window but they could follow. I didn't know where William was, honestly I did not know he wasn't here I just knew they were heading for our house. Eyeing the Shadows I knew what I was up against, two of them were in their Prime just like mother was.

What I saw next took away all my confidence. I saw his eyes, he was bound determined to save his daughter. I couldn't stay, I know I would not be able to handle it. They would see right through me. While William cleared out the danger, I set down Liz and ran out the window into the woods.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I ran with my head down, I don't even want to look back.

Chapter: Prince

I can say in the middle of a fight I was really surprised that William could pull such a move. For the record I was joking about freezing the moment but sure, why not. When he bolted I watched ready to go after him but the Ice started to melt.

Shit what if everyone starts fighting again? I can't leave this.

That all changed when I hear Snake and then Liz scream of fear. Griffon threw off the rest of the ice on his arm when I heard them. "Go! Prince!" He yelled. "I got this!"

He was good friends with my father, but that didn't matter I was already running to homestead. What I didn't see was that the ice had stopped everyone. When they were free they were left staring at each other to see who would make the next move. When no one did they realized they were all friends in the war.

(Disclaimer: We do not own this photo. )