The Heat

"Rhysand," Feyre broke out of his embrace. They were in the same room that Feyre had found him in. It was dark and shadows played on the walls.

There was a balcony off to the right with open doors leading out. And through the doors, Feyre could see the beauty of the Night Court. Mountains and an ocean surrounded the village and Rhysand's palace.

"What is it?" He asked.

She had been in his arms, and Rhys had held her to his chest. She craved his warmth, his steadiness.

Many things had changed. Like the fact that Rhys was different now, or maybe Feyre just understood him more. But she had witnessed him more in the time she had been in the Night Court.

But her week was up. And when she looked up at Rhys, Feyre knew that he would let her go if she wanted to.

"Rhys," she started to say. But her voice turned into a whisper when his arms tightened around her. He pulled her closer into his muscled chest and she gasped.

"I know you want to leave," Rhys whispered.

There was something about the way he said it. His voice was raspy and thick with desire. And there was something about the way he was holding her, with his arms circling her smaller frame.

There had always been something about Rhysand.

"Not yet," Feyre's voice came out quietly. So quiet that she wasn't sure if he had heard her. But when he pulled her away gently to look down at her, she knew he had heard every word.

The guilt was easy to ignore when Rhysand's powerful eyes were burning into her. But still, Tamlin was in the back of her mind.

And a part of her broke when she reached up to touch Rhysand's hair. A part of her wanted to give everything she had to Tamlin. Maybe she could have once, but things were different now. She was different now.

So when Rhys pulled her back into himself, Feyre let herself want him.

Her hand in his hair tightened as she lifted herself onto the tips of her toes. She gasped when Rhysand's arm moved down to her waist and his grip on her tightened.

"Feyre," he said. She looked up at him. "Are you..."

She knew what he was asking.

The broken part of her soul throbbed. It throbbed with the thought of seeing Tamlin after her time in the Night Court. He wouldn't like that she was different now. He wouldn't like that she didn't need as much protection as she used to.

"I want this," she whispered into the darkness of the room.

And with that, he took her over.

Suddenly, Rhys was moving her back. His hands wrapped around her waist as he pushed her up against the wall. His lips moved to her neck and they roamed over her skin. His hands moved down to her thighs and she sighed at the heat she felt on her skin.

And the heat she felt in other places.

Rhys gripped her legs and hoisted her up. His strength held her as he continued to suck on her skin.

Feyre wrapped her legs around Rhys and pulled him into her. He moaned into her neck when her fingers gripped his shoulders for support.

The world stopped when Rhys moved his hand up to Feyre's breast. And he gripped her gently as Feyre's breathing quickened.

She couldn't take it anymore. She wanted to see his eyes.

And so Feyre reached down for him and brought his face up to her own. She had always been interested in his deep, blue eyes. They were beautiful.

She crashed her lips onto his own.

The kiss was so unlike the one Under the Mountain. He had kissed her when he knew Tamlin was watching and it was forceful and heavy.

But this kiss now, it was painfully passionate.

His tongue soon slipped through her lips and the heat grew inside her.

She wanted him.

And Rhys must have sensed this, because he ripped her off the wall and carried her across the room.

They didn't break the kiss when Rhys laid her down onto a bed. And Feyre blushed when she remembered that she was in Rhysand's room.

"Are you sure?" He said onto her lips. She nodded.

He kissed her slowly. His lips were soft as they moved against her own. He was gentle right now. It was the calm before the storm.

Because just as Feyre thought that nothing else would happen between them, Rhysand's hands found the hem of Feyre's shirt and he ripped it off.

She lay there, her bare chest rising and falling with her ragged breaths.

A look of lust came over him.

Feyre thought she would break when his mouth met her skin. She yelped with pleasure when he bit her slightly and her hands ran through his hair again.

Feyre held Rhysand down with her hands, not allowing him to stop kissing her fiery skin.

But when he finally pulled back to look at up at her, she released him. She placed both of her hands on his chest and pushed him back slightly.

He seemed surprised as she sat up.

Feyre ran her hand down his torso until she found the bottom of his shirt. She lifted it over his head and stared at his chest.

He was perfectly chiseled and defined. Her hand moved down his torso and her fingers found their way across his skin.

Rhys laughed lightly before pushing Feyre back down onto the bed.

The heat between her legs was unbearable and Feyre ground herself against him slightly. He let out a grunt and he moved down her body.

He planted a trail of kisses onto her skin as he moved down. Feyre could hardly keep the moans from escaping her lips.

And when he finally reached her hips, fire was coursing through her veins. He kissed her through the fabric of her pants.

He reached for the band of her pants and Feyre waited for him to pull them down.

But a voice suddenly sounded through the darkness of Rhysand's bedroom and Feyre gasped.

"My Lord," the voice said.

Rhys looked up from his current position.

His gaze went to the balcony across the room and he scowled.

Feyre followed his gaze and saw the wispy forms of Rhysand's shadow servants swaying in the breeze.

Feyre blushed with embarrassment and moved away from Rhys. She found her shirt in the sheets of the bed on pulled it on.

"What is it," Rhys asked sharply. He too moved away from her and she frowned slightly.

"The village has been overrun by those creatures." The servants said.

Feyre's heart dropped. Rhys paled and he lifted himself off the bed.

The same creatures that killed that child were now in the village.

And Feyre wondered how many of Rhysand's Fae the creatures had killed already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys. I wasn't planning on writing anymore of this story, but I couldn't get it out of my mind. So here you go, another update. Thanks for reading.

Please vote/comment if you love ACOTAR as much as I do!