The Middle: Bébé*

Early update since I have to write a 6 page essay in my college English class. Starting tomorrow.
       ~C~
My phone rang in my purse, waking both Justinan and I up out of our sleep. He yawned and stretched his arms over his head and got off of me so that I could reach my phone. London's picture flashed on the screen and I answered. "Hey, girl."

"Chanel, you've got to come home right now. You and Justinan have to come home." She sniffled and there was a couple of noises in the background. Then, Jaxon got on the phone. "Chanel? It's Connie. Tell Justinan to get the jet and come home as quickly as you guys can. It's not good, Chanel."

Tears brimmed my eyes and Justinan rushed to sit beside me. I handed him the phone and started shaking. He nodded and threw the phone on the chair, running to Franklin to tell him to turn the plane around and go back home. Justinan crouched down on the floor in front of me and allowed me to cry on his chest. He kissed my head and held me in that position the whole plane ride home. He didn't say anything but the constant tears falling in my hair said enough.
***
Almost an hour later, our plane landed in France and the both of us ran off of it and towards the main palace where we were greeted by some of the workers. We ran up the staircase to my grandma's room and was stopped by his mother walking out of it. She stopped Justinan and lowered her head. "Son, I'm sorry,"

"No." I said and shook my head. "She's alright. She was alright when I left a-and she-"

Justinan opened the door for himself and revealed London, Jaxon, Jason, and Stormy all in the room with her. Jaxon was holding her hand. "She's still alive but not for long." He told his brother and everyone moved out of the way so that we could sit beside her. Justinan replaced his brother and held her hand. I sat in front of her on the bed. She smiled weakly. "Sorry to cut your trip short, Nell."

"No, grandma, please don't apologize."

London held her hand on her belly and used her other hand to wipe her tears. "I-I'm sorry, I can't do this. I think I'm going to be sick.." She ran out of the room with Jaxon quickly on her heels.

Jason and Stormy sat in the chair on the other side of the room holding each other. Storm was teary eyed as well. "Who's gonna teach me how to ride my bike now, Ms. Connie?"

Grandma opened her mouth to speak. "Chanel will do it, baby. I know she will. She'll be the perfect mother, you know." She gazed over at me. "Mothers know these things."

Justinan looked at me now too. "You can sit here with her if you want. She was your grandma."

Grandma chuckled lightly but it sounded more as a cough. "Boy, stop speaking about me in past tense. I ain't dead yet."

I giggled and switched spots with him, laying my head on grandma's shoulder. "I love you, Nell. I know you're gonna be alright without me here. I done raised you, Justinan, Jazmyn, and Jaxon to be that way. You'll all be alright."

I sniffled and wrapped my arms around her tightly. She snuggles into me too. "Why now? Why do you have to leave me now? You're supposed to be here to witness everything."

Justinan stood up and looked everywhere but at us. I could tell he wasn't good with this type of stuff. Be stuffed his hands in his pockets. "I'll give you two some privacy." Jason stood up as well with Stormy in his arms. "Us too. We love you Connie." He kissed her on the head and Stormy leaned down to hug her. "I love you, Ms. Connie."