The Middle: Elizabeth's Return, Chanel's Dismay

~J~
"Excuse me, your highness." Lindsey, one of my servants, said and took a bow before the entire table. I looked up at her with a smile. "Yes? What is it?" She played around with the hem of her skirt and then looked away awkwardly. "Well-" She didn't finish her sentence because Jason came out behind her and did so. "Chanel's missing."

The word's instantly made my heart flutter and I rose out of my chair to look at the two of them. "What do you mean she's missing?" I got in front of Jason coldly. "You were supposed to watch her," I pushed him a little with my hand. He nodded. "Justinan I know but-" I pushed him again. "She was your responsibility!" A frightened Lindsey stood in between us and pushed us away from each other. Jaxon excused himself from the table and pulled Jason and I inside of the palace. Then, he shut the balcony's doors behind him. Once we were in the main hall, he started talking.

"Okay, what is it?" Jason looked at me nervously and I looked back at him with a much angrier expression this time. He rubbed his hands together. "She's gone. After Connie told her that she would be cleaning everyone's rooms and serving you at brunch, she hauled ass out of here. I called her name plenty of times but she just kept running. When I finally caught up to her, she got away. That's when I sent Lindsey to tell you because if I had told you, you would've gotten angry....like you did."

Jaxon shook his head. "I'm younger than you and even I know not to let her out of the house after the stunt she pulled last night. You should've forced her to stay in or better yet, why didn't you call her grandma? Why didn't you get the guards to stop her?" I nodded, agreeing with my brother. For once, he was actually making perfect sense. "Why didn't you call for help, Jason?"

He frowned and stared down at his feet, having nothing to say. Jaxon scoffed and I crossed my arms over my chest. "Well?" Jason looked at the both of us, his frown still painted on his face. "I let her go because it's what's good for her." Jaxon tilted his head to the side and I felt myself getting more and more angrier by the second. "How would you know what's best for her?! You got her wasted last night and you think that's what's best for her? She's a young woman that was raised to be a lady and look what you're doing to her. Connie is old and shouldn't have to go through this all because you feel like that's what's best for Chanel."

"Chanel needs-" I slammed my hand against the wall, stopping him mid sentence. "If you tell me what she needs one more time!" Jaxon placed his hand on my shoulders. "Justinan, relax. We'll find her, ok? We'll find your Chanel." I just nodded and fixed my suit. "Make sure no one finds out about this. Not even Connie. I'm not even sure she'll be able to handle the news."

They both nodded and we split up to find Chanel.
                                                    ~
Hours had passed and there was still no sign of her anywhere. Jason and I split up to go and search for her in the town. We even went as far as searching in the nearby towns for her but still, we couldn't find her anywhere.

Jaxon dragged his feet behind us and whined loudly. "Brother, can we please take a break? My feet are killing me and I haven't had food in hours." Jason chuckled at him and I shook my head no, passing by all of the branches that had fallen on the ground from the storm we encountered last night. "You have five minutes to sit and rest," I said and he quickly sat down against one of the trees. "She has to be somewhere around here. My Chanel wouldn't just leave without saying something to me first."

"Well clearly you don't know Chanel as well as you thought you did because she's gone." Jason mumbled under his breath. "I'm just saying, she wouldn't have left the palace if you all didn't make her feel bad about having a good time." I quickly turned around. "You call getting high and wasted off of your ass to the point where you puke your brains out fun? If so, then I'll pass, cousin." Jaxon crunched a bunch of leaves under his shoes and leaned against the tree while trying to catch his breath. We were so busy arguing back and forth that we had forgotten about Jaxon.