The Middle: Purple Rain

~J~
"Get on." I told Chanel and handed her my helmet. Her eyes widened and she shook her head no quickly. "Justinan, you're out of your mind if you think-" I just looked back at her and said nothing because my face said everything. She hesitated but continued anyways. "Where are we going?" She crossed her arms. I shrugged and pulled my motorcycle out of the small shed in the back of the palace. "My father hid this from me on my 15th birthday. It was a present from Connie. She said it was the brightest one she had ever seen and she said that I had to have it. Spent damned near her whole life savings on it."

Her eyes trailed from me to the bright red motorcycle in front of us now. "I haven't driven it since that day so let's hope I can still remember how to control one of these things."

Chanel stepped away from me and pointed her finger at me. "You're the reason why I didn't get that car I wanted for my birthday. She got you the motorcycle and me a bus pass." Her hands traveled up to her head and she removed the hair band that was containing her curls. She shook her head, allowing them to fall all over her head. "I'd rather not risk my life riding on the back of your motorcycle that you haven't driven in like five years. I happen to love my life the way it is now."

"Live a little, Nell." I said. She gasped. "Did the king of France just tell me to live a little? I should be telling you that."

"I'm leaving you here if you don't get on." I said and got on myself. She continued to stand there and look at the bike. I groaned and lifted the stand up. She sighed and jumped on the back of it behind me. Her arms instantly wrapped themselves around me tightly. She lifted her head up a bit and smirked. "This is so romantic. You're giving me Prince and Apollonia vibes."

I looked back at her like Prince did to Apollonia in the movie and glared. "Don't get my seat all wet." I turned back around and felt her wrap her hands around my neck. Then, she leaned up and kissed my cheek. "No promises, love."

Without another word, I took off through the garden and on to a path my father made for my siblings and I when we wanted to leave the palace without being seen by our fellow people. I felt her head lift up from my back and she held on to me tighter. "Where are we going?!" She yelled loud enough for me to hear. I didn't turn around nor did I stop. I heard her groan and bury her head again in my back. I shook my head and moved my shoulders around to signal for her to sit up.

I drove her through another set of trees and then we were at the hidden lake, as Connie liked to call it. I quickly stopped the motorcycle and kicked the stand down with my shoe. She got off first and looked around at her surroundings. "Where do you find these places?" She asked, her voice quiet. I got off and stood behind her with my arms wrapped around her waist. "Your grandmother used to bring me here when I needed to be a kid instead of training to be a king.

"It's beautiful.." She trailed off and walked closer to the lake. I crossed my arms over my chest and watched her closely. She stuck her hand in it and watched the little waves she made. I smiled and walked up behind her. "I used to do the same. Crazy, yeah?"

She turned her head to look at me. "Yeah." We were now face to face and her lips curved into a smile. "I have an idea." I rolled my eyes and backed away from her. "Gosh, Chanel. You always have to ruin the moment. That could've been a really romantic moment." She shrugged and kicked off her shoes. Next, she removed her jacket. I raised an eyebrow. "Chanel, what're you doing?"

"Going swimming?" She questioned me and removed her shirt. "Chanel, listen, you don't have to do that-" I said, trying to stop her from taking off more of her clothes. Yes, we were far away from where people usually were but I never wanted to violate her in any way. She removed her pants and grabbed her hair tie from her wrist. Her hands traveled up to her large fro of curls and she tucked them neatly into a bun and placed the hair tie on it to secure the curls. "Chanel, I'm serious. If you jump in that water, I'm not coming in after you."