Chapter 5

Niall's POV:

I don't know what's worse seeing Liam's broken expression or Sam's angry one. I can't bear to look at either one of them, I turn around and lean on the counter; taking deep breathes.

"Niall, who did this to you?" Liam's voice cracks and it's so heartbreaking.

"Niall, either you tell him or I do," Sam threatens, in the shiny reflection of the counter I can see she has her arms crossed.

I can feel tears dripping out of my good eye, the other one feels swollen shut. Liam whimpers, "Niall, please tell me, who hurt you?"

I can't breathe, my lungs feel like they are being compressed, I can feel my shoulders shaking as I try to hold back sobs. I'm so tired of hurting people I care about.

Footsteps shuffle behind me until I feel a whisper and a quiet breathe on my ear, "He could help you, he came looking for you Nialler, he has to care somewhat about you," Sam whispers, it's one of those whispers Sam was really good at, it's not only inaudible to anyone but the receiver, but it's smooth and comforting, there is nothing harsh about it. My chest kills, I start hyperventilating as I sob.

I open my eyes to see Liam's reflection in the metal of the countertop. He stretches his arm out trying to reach for me, "Niall," is all Liam whispers.

I never wanted something more in my life, it's a subconscious movement, one second I am holding onto the counter refusing to turn around, then the next I'm running, straight around the counter, across the floor and I somehow end up in a tangled mess of Liam's arm.

My face is buried in his chest and I'm sobbing, he just pulls me tighter into his chest, "it's okay, you're okay, everything is going to be fine, deep breathes, breathe with me love, you're okay," Liam coos pressing little kisses into my hair.

"I'm gonna take him home, can you tell his boss that Liam Payne took him home? He should be fine with it once he knows that I was the one who he left work for," Liam tells Sam calmly.

"Okay, just make sure he's okay please," Sam iconologies back.

Liam wraps his arm around my waist as he guides me out the front door of the sandwich shop. He opens the passenger side for me, and helps me into the car before heading around to his side. "I'm going to take you home Niall," Liam whispers starting the car.

"No!" I scream, Liam jumps looking at me almost frightened at my sudden, "can we just, can we just go to your house? Please?" I whimper curling further into the seat.

"Okay," Liam says, the entire car ride to the house, Liam has his hand on my shoulder gently squeezing it, I'm still crying, it's nothing like earlier, just a few little streaks constantly running down my face.

At the gate, Liam hands the guard his card. I turn my head and look down, embarrassed at the shape I'm in. We haven't spoken a single word the length of the drive, yet it didn't seem a bit awkward. Once he is parked in the driveway, he runs around to open my door, before I have the chance to open it myself. Liam wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me into his side as we walk into the house.

"I'm home!" Liam calls as soon as he shut's the front door.

Harry replies from the other room, "did you talk to Niall? Is he okay?"

Liam doesn't reply, he presses his lips to the shell of my ear and murmurs, "go take a seat in the living room, I'm going to go get something for your eye." His hand drags up and down my back, before he leaves me to go into the kitchen.