Out with the Bad and More Bad

All chapters with this symbol at the very beginning "" means the chapter has been edited.

____________________

One day you're going to have stop pretending that everything's okay.

It was quiet in the boarding house as the two Salvatore brothers sat on the vintage couches with a cup of expensive bourbon in hand. The alcohol burned the back of their throats but it brought them a relaxing pleasure as they lounged lazily in silence.

All the extravagant wines in their cellar tasted better as years passed and in a way so did the Salvatores. They grew stronger and wiser, never to age another day. They physically had the capability to demolish a tank and take out armies, but on the inside, they were exhausted.

They had lived through nearly 180 years of pain, suffering, torture, and loss.

And in Mystic Falls there was no shortage of that.

Today was another perfect example of how they or their friends could never have a normal life being who and what they were.

"It's time," Damon spoke vaguely.

His brother sat beside him, unfazed by his words. He knew very well what his older brother was talking about. It was something they had discussed on and off, never really thinking they would go through with it.

"You want to leave Mystic Falls?" Stefan responded bleakly.

Damon brought the glass to his dry lips and tilted it up so that the dark brown liquid seeped into his mouth leaving that ever so familiar bitter, yet satisfying taste on his tongue. "Nothing we haven't talked about doing before."

"Say we do leave, then what? We run?"

That's not at all what he had in mind. Life on the run, in constant fear, wasn't a life at all. Granted he was immortal, one wooden stake to his heart or decapitation could easily change that. Like any ordinary human, time wasn't entirely on his side.

What were they supposed to do? Wait until their many enemies decided they wanted them dead? He wasn't a coward but he also preferred his undead state of living rather than being dead dead.

"No, we find a place, settle down, start over- just like we always do."

The younger Salvatore sighed running a hand through his hair "What about the others? Caroline, Matt, Jeremy, Elena... did you even think about them? Or is this all about Damon?"

He was slightly offended but he didn't let it show as he simply rolled his eyes and responded in a very sarcastic-Damon like manner. "Had this been just about me I wouldn't have included you brother."

Stefan made a face before soundly finishing off the last of his bourbon in one gulp.

"Of course, I thought about them. I know you couldn't bare the thought of leaving all your precious friends behind and of course, I would never leave without Elena. This isn't a Damon escape plan. This is for all of us."

"I'd rather just ditch them all," Damon added humorously "Including you," he smirked "but I won't. Besides we're all escaping from the same thing, so why not?"

He sunk deeper into the couch and let out a dramatic sigh only Stefan were capable of.

"Your serious this time aren't you?"

Damon shrugged trying to pass it off nonchalantly but in fact, he was dead serious. No pun intended. "Think about it. Every day here is just another day closer to something bad happening that one of us won't heal from. Now the question is, are you going to sit around and wait for that day or are you going to do something about it?"